News

• @poppie:1j38v2ku:

ay madre que nos viene otra vez la Genesis…

Te he leído mal y por un momento pensaba que iba a venir Phil Collins.

• @alrom:j2vsc6ug:

@poppie:j2vsc6ug:

ay madre que nos viene otra vez la Genesis…

Te he leído mal y por un momento pensaba que iba a venir Phil Collins.

Cualquier filólogo te diría que se trata de "la importancia de los artículos determinados"

• @Waldo:

Si no recuerdo mal el año pasado se comentó algo de esto, y creo que los miraron de traer al PS pero pedían una barbaridad de pasta. Seguro que 30" lo recuerda mejor.

cierto, al menos asi lo aseguro el mister.

• Audioslave se separan por la marcha de Chris Cornell, me temo reunión de Soundgarden a la vista…

• El nuevo single de BRMC, sonando ahora mismo en la portada de su web:
    http://www.blackrebelmotorcycleclub.com/

A ver si los confirman el lunes, seríamos unos cuantos los afortunados (e7ili a la cabeza). El single parece que les devuelve a su sonido más sólido.

• @Breed:3tc6yut6:

El nuevo single de BRMC, sonando ahora mismo en la portada de su web:
    http://www.blackrebelmotorcycleclub.com/

A ver si los confirman el lunes, seríamos unos cuantos los afortunados (e7ili a la cabeza). El single parece que les devuelve a su sonido más sólido.

el nuevo disco sale el 1 de mayo y lleva por título "Baby 81"

@3tc6yut6:

"Baby 81" will be released on May 1, 2007 through RCA.

The track listing:

1. Took Out a Loan
    2. Berlin
    3. Weapon of Choice
    4. Window
    5. Cold Wind
    6. Not What You Wanted
    7. 666 Conducer
    8. All You Do Is Talk
    9. Lien on Your Dreams
    10. Need Some Air
    11. Killing the Light
    12. American X
    13. Am I Only

del myspace del grupo

• uf que pereza de grupo. Como no mejoren el directo, porque 2 veces que los he visto 2 veces bostezando

• @smiling:ih2ootbo:

uf que pereza de grupo. Como no mejoren el directo, porque 2 veces que los he visto 2 veces bostezando

yo los vi una vez y me provocaron una indiferencia tremenda…

• @israel:2x9qkecn:

Para mear y no echar gota:

http://www.20minutos.es/noticia/203634/ ... urovision/

jajaja empezó casi como una broma y la que se ha liado

• Pues yo ya voté…

• @israel:2bay7a89:

Pues yo ya voté…

y yo, aunque camuflado bajo pseudónimo… ejem

• He recibido esto… no me lo he mirado mucho sólo lo de Boredoms, mañana le daré una ojeada lo otro...

BLOC PARTY ASKS YOU OUT, SINGS FOR THE OZONE
    Bloc Party miss you. They want to see you. They want you to come have a weekend in the city. So, Bloc Party has teamed up with Filter Magazine and Urban Outfitters to fly one special fan out to NYC, put you up in a hotel for two nights and come on out to see Bloc Party play the United Palace Theatre on March 30th or 31st. Check out the news page for all the details and get your ass to NYC for a couple of days in our metropolis. The boys have also just announced that they will be playing "Live Earth" at Wembley Stadium on July 7th, staged by the Campaign for a Climate in Crisis, the new Al Gore helmed initiative to raise awareness about our world. Check out the site for more details.

BLACK LIPS PREPARE TO SAVE THE WORLD
    If the Grammys proved anything, it's that the world needs some exciting, interesting music for a change. Who's ready for a revolution? Los Valientes del Mundo Nuevo (or the Brave of the New World for all you gringos out there) drops on Tuesday, February 20 and storms your stereo with guns blazing and tequila ready to pour down your throat. If you haven't been checking out the live performance and tomfoolery-filled footage we've been previewing over at the MP3 blog, check out this week's installment in which the Black Lips cruise the prostitute and Mariachi lined streets of Tijuana before ripping through yet another pogo-inducing track. Viva La Revolution!

BOREDOMS RETURN TO THEIR ROOTS
    Way back in January, Boredoms reissued Super Roots, Super Roots 3 and Super Roots 5, and this Tuesday sees the release of the final round of Roots reissues with Super Roots 6, 7 and 8. This is when the Boredoms get to their most tranced out and blissful. If you haven't given "Jungle Taitei" from Super Roots 8 a listen yet, head over to the blog and try to resist the urge to immediately log on and buy a ticket to the South Pacific. It may seem like the right idea when the view outside your window looks like a tundra, but save up the cash to come to NYC in July for 77 DRUM. It'll be balmy here by then, promise.

MARCH MADNESS
    We love it when our bands are on the road, spreading their gospel, winning over converts, generally beating or conjuring the devil. In March we've got Bloc Party, Chromeo, 120 Days, Black Lips and the all-stars of the Ed Banger crew crisscrossing across the States and we don't want anyone to miss out. Check out all the live dates in the tour section.

FAVOURITE SONS ARE NOT SCARED
    They may wear a lot less eye make up and a lot more color, but NYC's Favourite Sons will be opening up two shows for UK's the Horrors on March 10th at Bowery Ballroom in NYC and on March 13 at Great Scotts in Boston. It may be cold and snowy now, but the Sons are coming to warm your little hearts. If you're not in one of those two East Coast towns, you can still hear a new Favourite Sons song over in the blog from the recent Joe's Pub show, "There Is A War Inside Of Me."

CHROMEO TAKES IT OUT FOR A SPIN
    Chromeo have been hard at work on a new record that will drop this spring, just in time for girls in hot pants to shake it to the new tunes. For a preview, check out the leaked track "Tenderoni" from the upcoming record and the DJ Mehdi collaboration "I Am Somebody" from Ed Rec Vol 1 over at the blog, and check out the select tour dates at the site as well.

DYLAN HEARTS THE STREETS
    Bob Dylan does a radio show on XM where he plays his favorite music and riffs on what he plays - pretty much exclusively stuff from the 40s/50s/60s. And it seems he really digs Mike Skinner. In his "eye" themed episode, after Ruth Brown's "Teardrops From My Eyes" and Clarence "Gatemouth" Brown's "She Winked Her Eye," the Streets get an introduction unlike any we ever imagined we'd hear as Dylan fondly leads into the Streets' "Dry Your Eyes." We're pretty sure it's less than kosher to post this MP3, so grab it while you can. It's in the blog.

Don't know where we'd go after Dylan, so VICE Updates, signing off. Stay warm. Be awesome.

http://www.vicerecords.com/mp3blog.php

• Algun que otro nombre los he leido en este foro así que por si a alguien le interesa aquí está el listado de los grupos del proyecto demo que actuaran con Ms John Soda… creo que no se había comentado.. a esas horas ya dudo!!!

Semifinalistas del Proyecto Demo

Proyecto Demo 2007 ya tiene semifinalistas. Estas son las 30 bandas que competirán por llegar a la final del concurso, que tendrá lugar en la Sala Joy Eslava de Madrid el próximo 29 de marzo, y en la que actuarán Ms. John Soda como grupo invitado (las entradas están a la venta en Tick Tack Ticket):

Aeropuerto (Badalona)
    Al Berkowitz Band (Majadahonda, Madrid)
    Alice moon (Granada)
    Austria (Pontevedra)
    Concorde (Málaga)
    Frank Wild Year (Sta. Cruz de Tenerife)
    Idelè (Pamplona)
    Individual (Puerto de Sagunto, Valencia)
    Jorge Callen (Monzon, Huesca)
    Klaus&Kinski (Murcia)
    L'Ana és un koala (Barcelona)
    Le Noise (Bilbao)
    Lek Mun (Barcelona)
    Los Deuteronistas (Foz, Lugo)
    Los Suizos (Madrid)
    Marlo (Palma de Mallorca)
    Motherglue (Madrid)
    Murmura (Vigo)
    Norma Wilow (Santa Cruz de La Palma, Sta. Cruz de Tenerife)
    Olimpic (Berango, Vizcaya)
    La Orquesta de la Primera Luz del Día (Madrid)
    Pink Satura (Ciudad Real)
    Playground3 (Barcelona)
    Punxsutawney Phil (Valencia)
    RedDin (Barcelona)
    Silent (Zaragoza)
    Smile (Getxo)
    Tired Hippo (Terrassa, Barcelona)
    Unusual Shine (Lleida)
    Up and Downy (Torremolinos, Málaga)

Entra en la sección "Semifinalistas" de proyectodemo.com y podrás escuchar los temas de sus maquetas. Además, desde hoy permanece atento a la programación de Radio Nacional de España, Radio 3 donde comienza un programa (de lunes a jueves de 21.30 a 22.00) presentado por Xavier Moreno dedicado a Proyecto Demo. Los fines de semana Julio Ruiz igualmente, hará un resumen en "Disco Grande".

Como en anteriores ediciones, el Proyecto Demo volverá a contar con la opinión del público para elegir a uno de los tres grupos que participarán en la final. Próximamente se anunciará el modo en que se podrá votar a los grupos favoritos.

• @hansen:3rqsfdk4:

Playground3 (Barcelona)

Playground3 son de Reus!

• No se si se ha comentado ya que los los Jam vuelven???, pero sin Paul Weller, con disco nuevo bajo y gira… otro más al saco de las re$urecciones..

• @Pelukini:13fg8zu6:

No se si se ha comentado ya que los los Jam vuelven???, pero sin Paul Weller, con disco nuevo bajo y gira… otro más al saco de las re$urecciones..

Sin Paul?? I can't belive it… por cierto este año no hace 30 años de su carrera musical? no hará nada para cerebrarlo? o eso fué el año pasado?

• ..ESPERO QUE ESTA NOTICIA SEA FALSA :
    Ya que el lema de Hal és :
    "The ever so Official Hal Sparks MySpace… now with weird error messages!"

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu ... ID=4679455

Friday, February 23, 2007

Goodbye Ace...
    Current mood: shocked

I haven't been able to sleep.
    I found out about the apparent suicide of Ace Frehley at 2 am

When I grew up in Kentucky the guys in KISS had a profound impact on me.
    They were in many way, for better or worse, my primary male role models. as young as 7 years old I would drag the speakers of our stereo out onto the porch and treat it like a stage.. the hill in from of me was a stadium full of people.
    Ace… always seemed the perfect representation of disconnect. That lack of material connection to the earth plane that is an important part of being an artist. While a lot of KISS' music was very straight ahead. Ace's songs could have a degree of enigmatic play that seemed outside the norm. Songs like "Strange Ways", "Ozone" and the instrumental "Fractured Mirror" gave a depth to KISS' catalogue it would have missed otherwise. I truly love these songs.

Ultimately Ace would be overtaken repeatedly by the demons that made these songs come alive. In July of '82, not long after leaving KISS, Ace was involved in a major car accident after leading police on a high speed chase. Drugs and Alcohol would dog him most of his career.

It was Ace's excesses as well as Gene and Paul's abstinence that taught me to stay away from Drugs. Sometimes our best role models show us what Not to do.

Ace is survived by His Wife Jeanette, His daughter Monique and the millions of us who were affected by his music and his showmanship. I for one will miss his amazing vibrato and his ridiculous laugh.

Thanks Ace….

You helped me get off that porch in Kentucky and find who I could be.

I'm sorry I never got to tell you.

…pues eso...espero que no sea cierta

**<pre> EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT </pre>

UF! Ace Està vivo y coleando !!!

ACE FREHLEY: 'Rumors Of My Demise Have Been Greatly Exaggerated' - Feb. 23, 2007

Contrary to published reports, former KISS guitarist Ace Frehley is alive and well and working on his highly anticipated solo album.

It has been erroneously reported on various web sites and wire services that the legendary guitarist had committed suicide.

Not so!

"I don't know how this ridiculous rumor got started," smiles Ace, as he eats his daily allotment of wheat germ, preparing to jump back on his treadmill.

In a January 2006 interview with Guitar World magazine, Frehley had the following to say regarding his current projects: "I've been working on a solo album and a few film projects. I'd love to do an instructional video, but I want it to be comedic. [Laughs] I don't want it to be just another boring how-to-play video. I may not be the world's greatest guitarist, but at least I'm never boring."

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbe ... emID=67651**

• Of Montreal al desnudo

…fotos de Kevin Barnes sin censurar en Pitchfork
    http://pitchforkmedia.com/article/news/ ... rnes_NAKED

...más sobre Kiss

Gene Simmons lends his voice to SpongeBob!

Rocker Gene Simmons and Longtime Love Shannon Tweed Lend their Voices to a New Episode of the Hit Animated Nickelodeon Series SpongeBob SquarePants.

Gene Simmons and Shannon Tweed dropped by the Nicktoons Studios in Burbank, CA this week to voice act on an upcoming episode of Nickelodeon’s SpongeBob SquarePants called “20,000 Patties Under the Sea.” In the episode, Simmons will voice the role of the menacing Sea Monster who is fed Krabby Patties by SpongeBob and Patrick in attempts to keep his anger at bay. Tweed plays the Sea Monster’s mother who comes to her son’s defense after being insulted by Plankton.

While developing the episode, executive producer and KISS fan Paul Tibbitt felt Simmons’ voice would be perfect for the role. Simmons agreed and brought Tweed on the project.

"I was born for this part. I've been waiting all my life to be a Sea Monster. It's in my blood. It's what I do. It's my job. SpongeBob is jealous, as well he should be. I was brilliant," said Simmons.

“20,000 Patties Under the Sea” will air on Nickelodeon in 2008.

The GENE SIMMONS FAMILY JEWELS (A&E) TV crew also filmed the record for posterity, when the 2nd season debuts with 20 all-new episodes in the spring.

From Gene himself:

Our GENE SIMMONS FAMILY JEWELS tv crew followed myself and Miss Tweed to shoot the NICKELODEON voice over work we did for SPONGEBOB SQUAREPANTS.
    Miss Tweed played a Sea Mom. And I played, Sea Monster. (…Really???? You're kidding.)
    You'll see all the fun and games when you tune in our show in the Spring.

GeneSimmons.com

...la cosa esa amarilla me dà repelús

¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨

...Jethro Lazenby,el hijo de Nick Cave y Beau Lazenby haciendo de modelo para Akira Isogawa en abril del 2006

..ya sé que és una noticia antigua però yo la ví el otro día

..al menos està un pelín màs rechonchito que su papà

April 26, 2006 -

He has his father's broody looks but Jethro Lazenby was more colourful than his dad Nick Cave when he opened Mercedes Australian Fashion Week in Sydney today.

Lazenby was the first model to take to the catwalk for Fashion Week, strutting his stuff for designer Akira Isogawa, who opened the five-day festival.

"You get out there and it is over in five seconds anyway, so it is not really that nerve-wracking," said the confident 15-year-old.

Lazenby took up modelling a year ago, debuting at Melbourne Fashion Week.

"He doesn't have to pretend as if he is a cool guy, and it is so refreshing to meet someone like that," said Akira of Lazenby.

"I select my models based on their character and it made sense when I was told he (Lazenby) is the son of Nick Cave - he carries that personality and has a certain charisma."

Sophie Ward, the sister of supermodel Gemma Ward, also modelled for Akira, whose show is Lazenby's only modelling gig for Fashion Week.

"I was meant to have a couple of shows towards the end of the week but it was more of a hassle to stay in Sydney than to actually do them," said Lazenby, who lives in Melbourne with his mother, Beau.

The teenager has taken a year off school and says he isn't sure what he wants to do with his life.

If modelling doesn't work out, he is likely to do something else in the spotlight.

"I am not really sure what I want to do and I will probably change my mind in a couple of months anyway," he said.

"I am fairly musical . . . and I wouldn't mind doing some acting."

Musically, Lazenby has an eclectic taste.

"I am into a lot of blues, country, rock, punk, 60s pop," he said.

"I write my own stuff. I have started that a bit lately."

The Akira show was held at a kung fu academy in Sydney's Surry Hills with the designer showcasing 43 outfits.

A host of fashionistas were in the audience, as was model Michelle Leslie, who last year was convicted and jailed in Bali for drug possession.

Akira's Spring/Summer Resort 2007 collection was more commercial than his previous work.

"I really hope more people can wear my designs but also I do hope people recognise my handwriting in design," the designer said.

Akira is known for his women's clothing but this year branched out with a full menswear range.

"I love the idea of designing menswear and at the same time I get to wear things myself," he said.

"It is not about embellishment or how beautiful the beading or the embroidery looks. It is more about shape and details, so it is a different approach with mens' clothes."

A total of 100 designers will showcase their work during Fashion Week.

Today's showings included Charlie Brown, Alannah Hill, Jayson Brunsdon, Lisa Ho and Wayne Cooper.

Fashion Week runs until April 30.

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

..otra que también va para modelo és Pixie Geldof ,la hija de Bob Geldof

Now it's Pixie, 15, being the wild child

Underage clubbing and raging tantrums seem to run in the Geldof family. But, for a change, it wasn't Peaches behaving like a spoilt brat but her younger sister Pixie.
    The 15-year-old youngest daughter of Sir Bob and the late Paula Yates was thrown out of London's exclusive nightclub Paper at the weekend after security guards finally did the math and realised she was far too young to be there.

Pixie, who was at the club to celebrate the London Fashion Week party of Kimberly Stewart, the daughter of rocker Rod, had other ideas though and threw a huge strop when she was reasonably asked to leave the premises - which had been hired by top party organisers viewparties.com - because she couldn't produce the relevant ID.

She refused to go of her own accord, so was picked up by bouncers, who carried her down the hall. At the door she screamed for help in a high-pitched voice because she was so determined to stay.

Despite Kimberly doing her best to persuade bosses to allow Pixie to stay - Kim even said that she was Pixie’s godmother and would take full responsibility - they still said no.

What's a girl to do when her daddy is Bob Geldof? Well, threaten to get him down to have a word, that's what. Pixie also said that her dad would blacklist them from his tours and concerts.

Unfortunately for Pixie, they didn't care and she was ejected from the Regent Street club.

We're told: "Pixie wasn't at all happy and was doing everything she could to stay. She was pulling all of the strings but nobody was listening.

"In the end, people were laughing at her. She was behaving ridiculously - it was quite hilarious.

"She was certainly receiving all of the attention she wanted - she was behaving exactly like her sister Peaches."

Meanwhile, Kimberly Stewart made no secret of her feelings towards her friend Calum Best.

She was all over him in the club's VIP area - and they even left together at the end of the night. We dread to think what rocking Rod will have to say…

..a la twiggy

Pixie's snappy Twiggy look

Big sister Peaches is known for her grungy look on the party circuit.
    But Pixie Geldof appears to be looking to a different role model for fashion inspiration.

Seen strolling around the streets of central London, the 16 (???) -year-old brought to mind a style icon who became famous at the same age - Twiggy.

Pixie's elfin looks bore an uncanny resemblance to the Face of the Sixties, aided by long lashes, sleek hair and a babydoll outfit.

In a cropped dogtooth print coat and with a Dolce and Gabbana leopard-print handbag on her shoulder, Pixie finished off her outfit with a pair of black ballet pumps.

Her polished appearance comes as her public profile is on the rise.

Last week, she shared front row seats with 17-year-old Peaches at the Julien Macdonald show during London Fashion Week, comfortably holding her own alongside Rod Stewart's model daughter Kimberley and actress Jaime Winstone.

Pixie, the youngest of Sir Bob Geldof and Paula Yates's three daughters, has previously claimed to have no intention of being famous, saying: 'I like keeping myself to myself.'

• me ha contado un pajarito un par de cosas acerca de Esplendor Geométrico:

1- parace ser que estan planeando una actuación en Alemania. Si fueran otros diria que se estan quitando la manta de encima, pero tratándose de quien se trata…

2 - Rotor esta en un tris de editar la actuación madrileña del año pasado en doble formato: cd y dvd. La cosa puede ver la luz dentro de un par de meses.