The Rentals… ¡Vuelven!

• _A New Return
    Updated 04:26 PDT Sun, Jun 18 2006

Several months after frontman Matt Sharp announced a reunion of The Rentals, the band has confirmed the full itinerary for its first tour in 10 years.

Sharp and fellow founding member Rachel Haden will be joined by new recruits Sara Radle, Ben Pringle, Lauren Chipman and Dan Joeright at the concerts, which will start at Solana Beach, Calif.'s Belly Up Tavern July 2.

The band will play Los Angeles' Henry Fonda Theatre five days later, then head to Japan for a pair of gigs at Yokohama Arena. Upon returning, the group will launch a coast-to-coast North American tour July 21 in Bakersfield, Calif.

The itinerary includes stops in Seattle, Vancouver, Denver, Chicago, Atlanta, New York City and more, with 18 stops planned in all. The band will come back home to Southern California to finish the tour at Anaheim's House of Blues August 15.

Ex-Weezer bassist Sharp formed the Rentals in the mid-'90s with Haden, formerly of that dog., and several other friends. The band released its debut album, Return Of The Rentals, in 1995, and toured with Blur, Alanis Morissette, and Red Hot Chili Peppers.

The Rentals split after their sophomore release, Seven More Minutes, but Sharp announced last October that he was re-forming the band.

The group plans to record a new album later this year for release in 2007._

http://www.therentals.com

http://www.myspace.com/therentals

• _A New Return
    Updated 04:26 PDT Sun, Jun 18 2006

Several months after frontman Matt Sharp announced a reunion of The Rentals, the band has confirmed the full itinerary for its first tour in 10 years.

Sharp and fellow founding member Rachel Haden will be joined by new recruits Sara Radle, Ben Pringle, Lauren Chipman and Dan Joeright at the concerts, which will start at Solana Beach, Calif.'s Belly Up Tavern July 2.

The band will play Los Angeles' Henry Fonda Theatre five days later, then head to Japan for a pair of gigs at Yokohama Arena. Upon returning, the group will launch a coast-to-coast North American tour July 21 in Bakersfield, Calif.

The itinerary includes stops in Seattle, Vancouver, Denver, Chicago, Atlanta, New York City and more, with 18 stops planned in all. The band will come back home to Southern California to finish the tour at Anaheim's House of Blues August 15.

Ex-Weezer bassist Sharp formed the Rentals in the mid-'90s with Haden, formerly of that dog., and several other friends. The band released its debut album, Return Of The Rentals, in 1995, and toured with Blur, Alanis Morissette, and Red Hot Chili Peppers.

The Rentals split after their sophomore release, Seven More Minutes, but Sharp announced last October that he was re-forming the band.

The group plans to record a new album later this year for release in 2007._

http://www.therentals.com

http://www.myspace.com/therentals

• Viva el Barrio-Sesamo-Pop!

• Si le damos un vistazo a las "pintas" de todos los que han contribuido ó participado en ésta formación, "Sesamo Street" total (muy acertado Trinxo. Si hablamos de su música y de sus vídeos, ni te cuento)… De todos modos, no dejéis pasar la oportunidad de conocerlos un poco más, y sobre todo, a Rachel Haden. Y ya puestos, conoced también a sus "amiguitos"...

• Toma notición. Una buena noticia en un dia jodido en el trabajo.

• mmm… BIEN!

• Joer Ingno! Desde que has colgao esto no me puedo quitar Friends of P. de la cabeza!

• @Trinxo:u4o650be:

Joer Ingno! Desde que has colgao esto no me puedo quitar Friends of P. de la cabeza!

jeje, ya somos dos ....Me ha venido de inmediato.

• @Trinxo:z6nxsls1:

Joer Ingno! Desde que has colgao esto no me puedo quitar Friends of P. de la cabeza!

No soy muy fan de los rentals pero ese tema enganchaba y mucho.
    Sé de unos amigos míos que ya deben estar poniendo cirios para q vengan a tocar.

• Por cierto, si os fijáis, ahí sale Petra Haden, la que estaba tocando hasta hace poco con los Decemberists y que recientemente los ha abandonado. Ejque la chica tocaba el violín con The Rentals…

Y joder pero qué rancios... al Sonorama tenían que ir.

Y reedito: no sólo tenían Friends Of P. De su primer disco me quedaría también con Waiting y con The Love I'm Searching For. Bueno, vamos, no son nada extremadamente pretencioso pero sí que son buena música.