Primavera Sound 2014

• Recognise Norbit, Branvan, Weatherbrow, Primaprima, Totoro, and of course Pulpo from previous years, but the English forum is really empty this year! I know everything (well, presume) was purged, but still, where is everybody?

On topic though, would be surprised if Factory Floor played again this year. As for The National, I'm not too bothered if yes or no. I don't remember them being great a few years back, but then that was before Llevant/Mini moved if I remember rightly.

• As someone said on the Spanish forum, Olafur Arnalds is playing in Portugal on May 26 and 27. Thus, I am really hoping for an appearance in the Auditorium!!

Also, Outkast is apparently playing the Governor Ball's festival in New York which takes place between June 6 and 8, which makes their appearance at Primavera Sound less likely (hope I'm wrong though).

• Hoping for The National, The War On Drugs, St Vincent, Wild Beasts….
    I would have thought a couple are probable ?

• I hope that a change is made to the ATP stage this year as there was a lot of sound leakage from the main stage last year.
    Cash bars worked really well with very short queue times for me and bar staff were all friendly to us English speakers.
    Hoping for nin to be in the big announcement.
    Warmer temperatures would be nice too

• @thedestroyer:ota1og43:

I hope that a change is made to the ATP stage this year as there was a lot of sound leakage from the main stage last year.

totally agree.
    that was rather annoying last year.

• Would def be keen to see some of the bands mentioned above. Especially Julie Ruin and the National would be nice. Been enjoying the Speedy Ortiz record, they're in Europe early in 2014 so perhaps it's not all that likely. Catching them in Glasgow with the excellent Joanna Gruesome in Feb. Either of those would be good additions. Are wavves due back in Europe? Missed them a couple of years ago while the cure played just about every song they've ever written.

However, I always enjoy the weeks after the line up announcement checking out lots of bands i'm not so familiar with. Always a lot of quality to discover.

Definitely could do with some warmer weather this year. Don't wanna be packing jackets.

• @primaprima:328mm07q:

@thedestroyer:328mm07q:

I hope that a change is made to the ATP stage this year as there was a lot of sound leakage from the main stage last year.

totally agree.that was rather annoying last year.

… they are studying the idea of building twin stages for this edition, meaning one stage beside the other, alternating the bands playing on them ...
    @theoldman:328mm07q:

… while the cure played just about every song they've ever written...

… nope, they forgot to play the b-sides

• Heard that THE GROWLERS will play

• My first post. How exciting.

SO.......1st Primavera. All very exciting....I have some 'newbie' questions, rather tieesomely....

When is the earliest we can get wristbands?
    Is the stuff happening before/after the festival (tues, weds & sunday) all that? Does it get busy?
    Distance between all the stages. Is it a mega hike? Or close enough, with it not being so close to have 'soundbleed'?
    Is it REALLY possible to manage to 'stay up' untill 6am without the use of illegal substances 3 nights in a row?!? (im 38 years old)

Thats it, really. Just waiting for the line up like everyone else now.....

• … by the way, the ATP stage will be located at the area were The Cure played and the two main stages will be the twin ones, so the sound won't get mixed , at least thats what they told us a few months back, I don't know if they will stick to the idea or they'll find better ones ...
    @indiemoz:29s8vmx6:

….I have some 'newbie' questions, rather tieesomely.....

… you can get the wristbands around the 26th tops ... the concerts get busy depending on the band playing, you never know for sure . The biggest distance between stages is about 20-30min if you walk 'lightly', the other ones are from 10 to 20 min
    ... I always wear earplugs even if I'm not on the first row, but none of my friends do and they seem to be ok unless the band playing is Throbbing Gristle ...
    ... you can seat somewere in all of the stage areas without getting 'dirty' so you'll find easily a place to rest while seeeing a concert or doing whatever you want ...

• so we have some bands with suspicious tourdates (the national, nin, the notwist, chromeo), some bands that are mentioned a lot in the (spanish) forum (chvrches, dr. john, factory floor) and outkast who just announced a 40-date-all-over-the-world-festival-tour in spring/summer…
    any other rumours?

• Based on tour dates:

• The National
    • Queens of the Stone Age
    • Nine Inch Nails
    • The Notwist
    • Mogwai
    • Metronomy
    • Mac DeMarco
    • The War On Drugs
    • White Denim
    • Jagwar Ma
    • Warpaint

Also likely:

• Belle and Sebastian
    • Black Lips
    • Loop
    • Liars

• @Madam:

… by the way, the ATP stage will be located at the area were The Cure played and the two main stages will be the twin ones, so the sound won't get mixed , at least thats what they told us a few months back, I don't know if they will stick to the idea or they'll find better ones ...

i think i like this idea. i'm not to keen on the big names and the wastelands, so if i can spend all my time in the "old area" that should work just fine for me.

• I'm hoping for Braids/Chelsea wolfe/ Volcano Choir/Jon Hopkins….fingers crossed

• @jeanz:1elr7rpp:

I'm hoping for Braids/Chelsea wolfe/ Volcano Choir/Jon Hopkins….fingers crossed

This. Chelsea Wolfe in the auditori would be perfection.

Really hoping for Warpaint, Emmy the Great, Slint, SISU, Cibo Matto, Failure, St. Vincent, Foetus, Boris, Boredoms, Deltron 3030, Kayo Dot, Mono, Marissa Nadler, Little Dragon, Outkast. And Glass Candy were phenomenal earlier this month…would love for them to be one of those acts that plays every year. And since Nisennenmondai is playing Sonar, maybe they can at least play Optimus Primavera.

• @indiemoz:30kl8aiy:

My first post. How exciting.

SO.......1st Primavera. All very exciting....I have some 'newbie' questions, rather tieesomely....

When is the earliest we can get wristbands?

A couple of days before - I didn't go last year, but the year before there was somewhere on Las Ramblas you could pick 'em up from. Very useful.

Is the stuff happening before/after the festival (tues, weds & sunday) all that? Does it get busy?

Usually is stuff going on, big free outdoor concerts Wednesday & Sunday in the centre of Barcelona. It's free so it's busy, but not painfully so.

Distance between all the stages. Is it a mega hike? Or close enough, with it not being so close to have 'soundbleed'?

With long legs & the flow of human traffic in your favour, you could go from one end to the other in 10 minutes or so. Give yourself longer. As you may have noticed, soundbleed can be a problem, sounds like it was worse last year than previously.
    _
    Is it REALLY possible to manage to 'stay up' untill 6am without the use of illegal substances 3 nights in a row?!? (im 38 years old)
    _
    Yes, I've been 4 or 5 times and I'm older than you. Don't plan on doing anything active during the day, that's all.

Thats it, really. Just waiting for the line up like everyone else now…..

Me too.

• THanks doods.

On other news, according to a google translated version of the main spanish forum, Deafheaven and Factory Floor have self confirmed......

• @Norbit:cgiyovau:

@jeanz:cgiyovau:

I'm hoping for Braids/Chelsea wolfe/ Volcano Choir/Jon Hopkins….fingers crossed

This. Chelsea Wolfe in the auditori would be perfection.

Really hoping for Warpaint, Emmy the Great, Slint, SISU, Cibo Matto, Failure, St. Vincent, Foetus, Boris, Boredoms, Deltron 3030, Kayo Dot, Mono, Marissa Nadler, Little Dragon, Outkast. And Glass Candy were phenomenal earlier this month…would love for them to be one of those acts that plays every year. And since Nisennenmondai is playing Sonar, maybe they can at least play Optimus Primavera.

Chelsea Wolfe should be fine in auditori. It should also be very nice to have Theo Terado/Blixa Bargeld in there. And Ennio Morricone. And Elisabet Fraser/Cocteau Twins.

• @indiemoz:2nuz23ac:

THanks doods.

On other news, according to a google translated version of the main spanish forum, Deafheaven and Factory Floor have self confirmed......

Factory Floor confirmed that answering a question in an interview. I don't remember the magazine, Mondosonoro or Rockdelux.
    I don't know the source for Deafheaven but is a very strong rumour in different forums.

• @Immaterial:2q4dj4us:

Chelsea Wolfe should be fine in auditori. It should also be very nice to have Theo Terado/Blixa Bargeld in there. And Ennio Morricone. And Elisabet Fraser/Cocteau Twins.

Be a shame if there wasn't one 'Bad Seed-connected' act this year following recent history. Grinderman + Neubauten 2011 / Dirty Three 2012 / Nick Cave + Crime and the City Solution (cancelled unfortunately) 2013. Neubauten have a new album for the end of this year, so maybe they'll be back for 2015's festival? Theo Teardo and Blixa would be great though if it happens. N. U. Unruh too would be a cool addition to one of the smaller stages.