Primavera Sound 2014

• @primaprima:250t5j4t:

@bousval43:250t5j4t:

Looks like a difficult choice will have to be made.

My choice will be NMH.

Something completely different:
    Will there be performances in the auditori on thursday?

Yes !!!

• @primaprima:233zj6ix:

@Saukkis:233zj6ix:

@faketalesofpeniscola:233zj6ix:

So the first obvious, if provisional, clash is St Vincent and Neutral Milk Hotel. Will have seen St Vincent twice by the time of Primavera, so NMH it is.
    Can we expect The National at a similar time to Arcade Fire the previous night, so approx 00:30 ?

Where did you get the info about the clash of NMH and St. Vincent?

from gabi on twitter and the non-english section of this forum

All right. That's too bad for I had prepared to see both of those artists.

Tricky choice between those two. Guess I'll have to flip a coin.

• so are the time-tables out?
    scared of some bad clashes on saturday…way too many great bands that night

• @jeanz:1158gjp6:

so are the time-tables out?
    scared of some bad clashes on saturday…way too many great bands that night

no, only a few hints.

and you're right about saturday, i don't need a timetable to know that this will be the highest amount of clashes i ever had at primavera. but i wouldn't want it any other way.

• @jeanz:1uyohde8:

so are the time-tables out?

all available information can be found here:
    viewtopic.php?f=47&t=9616

• i was at the Augustines concert yesterday, what a great night!! i think they are the best live band around, alongside Future Islands. Hoping they get somehow into the timetable.. i still reach for you in the dark!

• Should have the times by May 1st. (From Spanish / Catalan language thread)

• @faketalesofpeniscola:ne3gyio2:

Should have the times by May 1st. (From Spanish / Catalan language thread)

… today the organization has told us that the timetables will probably be done by Monday or Tuesday and an App will be also available

... the main stages won't be twins but one opposite the other

EDIT: … most of the shows will be live streamed on the internet.

• @Madam:

… the main stages won't be twins but one opposite the other

what does that mean? more like pitchfork paris than primavera porto?

• … I forgot to add that there will be a way out (without returning) on the main stages zone …

@weekendwarrior:eb7zef41:

@Madam:

… the main stages won't be twins but one opposite the other

what does that mean? more like pitchfork paris than primavera porto?

… the first idea was to build one stage beside the other, but they finally decided that building one stage opposite the other will be better due to logistic matters

^^^^^^^^ NOPE ^^^^^^ ^^^^^ YEP ^^^^
    ... please, excuse my poor 'paint' skills

• @Madam:

… I forgot to add that there will be a way out (without returning) on the main stages zone …

@weekendwarrior:a8xueqao:

@Madam:

[[/quote:a8xueqao]

That's weird, have been to dozens of festivals and never seen that.
    What does that mean actually? You will have to queue to enter the main stage zone everytime? (but there is never any queue at Primavera anyway…)

• A way out to go home without the possibility to get back into the festival on the same day, that's what she meant.

• @estatvegetal:1nvx30sg:

A way out to go home without the possibility to get back into the festival on the same day, that's what she meant.

Oh ok!
    Well, I am really disappointed by this decision. Primavera was one of the few "big" festivals left which allowed us to get out and in again.

What actually motivates this change? Could an organiser tell us that?

I guess it's not organisational (since you can still get in til very late) so is it only money-driven? to get the last few euros from what, let's say 100 people… who would during the 3 days go out between a couple of shows to grab a 1,50€ sandwich near the metro station or have a cheap beer (ever been out at 11PM/Midnight at the entrance of the festival? yes there are 10 or 15 people having a beer, tough for them).

The truth is that it gave the festival a sense of freedom (much like a camping festival, getting away from all that for a while) which very very few would make use of, but as for those who did, really LOVED it.

I write concert reviews for an insider music magazine, and attend 6-10 festivals a year, and in the past 6 Primavera, I went out to pick people at the metro station , I helped them get their tickets even late and yes, I admit I've actually gone back to my hotel (20 minutes away) TWICE to have an hour nap, only to come back at 1ish to see other bands.

Note that Primavera times range from 5.30pm (earlier for Auditori) to 6am, which is a lot different from what you find in big European festivals held in city centres in the summer (In London, festivals close at 10.30 pm, in Paris, never after midnight).
    So a 13 hour festival is very different from a 8 hour one.
    So what if I want to go out for an hour or so? Who cares?

Keeping people inside the parc for 13 hours only to squeeze (what could be considered) insignificant money from them, and losing what I consider a real asset to the sense of freedom of the festival, both make for a very disappointing and clumsy decision this year.

Hope we'll get an official answer for this.

• I don't think that's what is meant. When the headliners, or most of them anyway, have finished you normally get a huge amount of people traffic through the festival site as loads of people all depart for their hostel/hotel etc. Allowing people to leave if they want to straight after the headliners eases congestion through the rest of the site. If the extra exit was also an entrance then you'd need more staff, and more cost involved.

• @dafritch:15w76eqk:

@estatvegetal:15w76eqk:

A way out to go home without the possibility to get back into the festival on the same day, that's what she meant.

Oh ok!
    Well, I am really disappointed by this decision. Primavera was one of the few "big" festivals left which allowed us to get out and in again.

That's ONLY for the main stages exit door. You'll be able to go out and back in on the main entrance.

I believe this is not money wise. You need to have a centralised access door to control cards and the forum is not the best place (huge and not very much equiped for communications) for this.

• dude, what's your problem? the normal entrance works just like usual, where you can go in and out til 3am (or so). there will be a SECOND one near the main stages, from which you can get out if you like (it's just not possible to get in from there in the first place).

• administrators

@dafritch:oc4fwa2i:

@estatvegetal:oc4fwa2i:

Oh ok!

What actually motivates this change? Could an organiser tell us that?

I guess it's not organisational (since you can still get in til very late) so is it only money-driven? to get the last few euros from what, let's say 100 people… who would during the 3 days go out between a couple of shows to grab a 1,50€ sandwich near the metro station or have a cheap beer (ever been out at 11PM/Midnight at the entrance of the festival? yes there are 10 or 15 people having a beer, tough for them).

The truth is that it gave the festival a sense of freedom (much like a camping festival, getting away from all that for a while) which very very few would make use of, but as for those who did, really LOVED it.

I write concert reviews for an insider music magazine, and attend 6-10 festivals a year, and in the past 6 Primavera, I went out to pick people at the metro station , I helped them get their tickets even late and yes, I admit I've actually gone back to my hotel (20 minutes away) TWICE to have an hour nap, only to come back at 1ish to see other bands.

Note that Primavera times range from 5.30pm (earlier for Auditori) to 6am, which is a lot different from what you find in big European festivals held in city centres in the summer (In London, festivals close at 10.30 pm, in Paris, never after midnight).
    So a 13 hour festival is very different from a 8 hour one.
    So what if I want to go out for an hour or so? Who cares?

Keeping people inside the parc for 13 hours only to squeeze (what could be considered) insignificant money from them, and losing what I consider a real asset to the sense of freedom of the festival, both make for a very disappointing and clumsy decision this year.

Hope we'll get an official answer for this.

The official answer is: I think you didn´t understand this AT ALL
    That way out is ONLY for people that wants to go home and not cross all the site, it´s an additional way out apart from the main entrance. We realized that lots of people stays at the hotels close to that area and it will be easy for them to go there if they don´t want to go back to the festival that night.

• Schedules today?

BTW: Great with an extra exit

Looking forward to see if the ATP stage will be closer to the lawn than the big stage that have used to be there earlier years? Would be nice to be able to have a seat on the grass and not be to far away from the stage at the same time.

• so, one vip-area for the two main stages in the middle of them i guess? would still love the small vip-space at the front of the main stage, it was great to have to possibility to get so close without troubles. saw among others m83 and beach house from there. counting down for horarios…

• You got it