Tips and tricks

• @Saukkis:2mf8mif4:

Me and my friends got into discussion about tipping in restaurants, taxis etc. in Spain/Barcelona.

Could some spanish citizen answer what is the preferable amount of tip or is there any need at all to give tip to a waiter or a taxi driver? Is there any local variation for example between Catalonia and other regions of Spain? Million thanks for answers!!

Hey!

Tipping is not mandatory in Spain, you only have to give a tip if you liked the treat received by the waiter/driver, etc….
    Works like this for all the country, no exceptions.

Regarding to the amount given, it depends on the bill, of course if you go to a fancy restaurant and spend 100 euros, you're not going to give 2 euros as tip, but there's not a rule, it works more as "common sense", but we could stablish 5%-10% as the usual tipping –but, as said, only if you liked the serrvice/food–

• @freakandchic:nk4yiq44:

@Saukkis:nk4yiq44:

Me and my friends got into discussion about tipping in restaurants, taxis etc. in Spain/Barcelona.

Could some spanish citizen answer what is the preferable amount of tip or is there any need at all to give tip to a waiter or a taxi driver? Is there any local variation for example between Catalonia and other regions of Spain? Million thanks for answers!!

Hey!

Tipping is not mandatory in Spain, you only have to give a tip if you liked the treat received by the waiter/driver, etc….
    Works like this for all the country, no exceptions.

Regarding to the amount given, it depends on the bill, of course if you go to a fancy restaurant and spend 100 euros, you're not going to give 2 euros as tip, but there's not a rule, it works more as "common sense", but we could stablish 5%-10% as the usual tipping –but, as said, only if you liked the serrvice/food–

All right, thank you! I kind of knew that tipping is voluntary (meaning that restaurants can't sue you if you're not willing to tip). But I have understood that if everything goes well and you don't have anything to complain (e.g. in restaurant) waiters are amazed if you don't leave any tip. I have usually left 10% tip which seems to be very good tip by this standard you mentioned.

• Baneado

¡Esta publicación está eliminada!