Filtraciones '08

• @-Toxinho-:3fhsglac:

Ariel Pink's Haunted Graffiti - Odditties Sodomies Vol. 1 [2008/Vinyl International/mp3/320]

Pelukas, lo del hemoal ¿es para que nos entre mejor?

en este de Ariel Pink's creo que hay una colaboración de Ben & Bruno…

jajaja no lo de "hemoal" es por el estilo de música

• La colaboración con Ben & Bruno no la había visto. Seguro que hacen un tema increíble
    Me gusta lo del estilo de música que escuece y pica pero se sufre en silencio

• (pelukeri, esto es lo que te comentaba de la escena de sótanos de michigan)

VA - Maybe Livonia? (Self-released, 2008)

@28brecw9:

Maybe Livonia? is a compilation conceived for a scene showcase show, titled Livonia Live, that took place sometime this month that apparently went badly and ended in some Great White-type disaster but anyways, LIVONIA. "What the hell is it and why aren't you posting Swahili post-punk?" you might ask. Livonia is a shitty suburb somewhere in Michigan nobody knows about where every other teenager has an amazing band (or so it seems) and one of my main inspirations at the moment.

A great deal of my year has been devoted to following the releases these guys put out (at least one or two a week it seems) and watching them develop stylistically. I've known quite a few of them from the last.fm scene that birthed KIC (and yes some of the do post here) for a while, but to be perfectly honest, the music speaks for itself: the internet has won and young people in basements across the world are making better music than your favorite Vice-sponsored indie band.

http://www.zshare.net/download/15209739dc8fa541/

• Nen, ¿qué te ha parecido lo de Madvillain?

• está guapo, pero parece más un disco de quasimoto, no? el de madvillain lo recuerdo bastante más florido en la producción y este de remezclas es más osucrillo marihuanero, pero vaya, guapo guapo. y a tí?

• Entretenido, aunque está claro que ningún remix podía superar al original. El Madlib es un porreta de primera y sus remixes, refritos o lo que quiera hacer siempre suelen fer-me trempar.

• los remixes de madlib molan. el que hizo de percee p para mí es mejor que el original.
    por cierto, supongo que has escuchado el de jackson conti, no? hace poco lo volví a escuchar y es un pepino, ideal para escuchar en verano.

• me voy a meter en vuestra conversacion, si no os importa estoy deacuerdo con manel a medias, recuerda al bootleg reloaded de quasimoto en cuanto a estructura, pero la calidad de sonido esta a años luz, a mi me ha parecido uno de los discos mas "nitidos" de madlib, y en general un discazo, muy recomendable ademas para meterse en el universo madlibense si no lo conoces, ya que aunque es inevitable que frikee, aqui esta bastante comedido.

• OK. No digo que sus remixes no puedan superar a los originales en ocasiones. De hecho coincido contigo con el artista que citas, pero con Madvillainy… era bastante bastante chungo superar aquello.

Pues no, tio, no lo he escuchado. Supongo que merezco morir por ello. A ver si me lo bajo cuando llegue a casa.

• Más:

Steve Hauschildt (Emeralds) - Rapt For Liquid Minister c20 [2008/Arbor]

@2imho4nk:

Still-moving loops repeat and build themselves in deep washes of aural hallucination. Steve is known for his work in Ohio synth-drone unit Emeralds. Like the other output from the Emeralds crew, it is hard to believe that today’s best synth music is being made by twenty year old dudes from the Cleveland suburbs, but they seriously just have it figured out. Steve’s smooth and densely layered drones, heavy in Kraut influence, are as huge as any of his contemporaries and as rich as his predecessors. Vocal incantations reminiscent of “Way Their Crept” era Grouper place Steve’s compositions on another level. Deeply thoughtful and knowledgeable zones floating in and out of reality. In an edition of 150 labeled tapes with full color cardstock J-cards.

http://www.megaupload.com/es/?d=6VZ0QL81

• Mira que bien:

Calexico-Carried_To_Dust

http://rapidshare.com/files/133841082/Calexico-Carried_To_Dust-_Advance_-2008-DV8.rar

• Con algún mes de adelanto…

Parts And Labor - Receivers (Jagjaguwar, 2008)

@8jvfxyt7:

Brooklyn noisepunk outfit Parts & Labor has dramatically altered their wall-of-sound: Their fourth album, Receivers, finds P&L focusing on open spaces, longer movements, expansive arrangements and loftier goals. On eight epic tracks, Receivers showcases the band's catchiest and darkest moods to date, reveling in a growing dynamic sensibility only hinted at in their previous work. Though they've maintained their love affair with glitchy oscillations and anthemic vocals, they are now utilizing the full possibilities of a band that was once a scrappy punk trio, and now a mature art-rock quartet. It's is a heady mix of psych, noise, and pop influenced by the arty minimalism of Wire, the surreal pop of early Eno, and even the spaced out psychedelia of Dark Side-era Pink Floyd.

http://www.megaupload.com/es/?d=Y6EBPQY6

• hey andrew, el de Lawrence English PE PI NO
    el de Sea of Zombies no me ha gustado tanto
    ya está, era esto sólo

• a mi me gustan los dos. El de Sea Zombies me gusta mucho y lo que puedan hacer en el futuro con más gente metida en el proyecto pinta genial.

Lo de Parts And Labor infumable :S

• Stanley Brinks (Andre Herman Düne) - Dank U [2008/Ciao Ketchup Recordings]

@ldmr8o5g:

After his debut single ‘Stanley Brinks - Fox Trot’, Ciao Ketchup Recordings now proudly brings you Stanley Brinks’ debut LP : ‘Dank U’.

Stanley Brink’s first album, is a compelling 10-track opus of calypso influenced acoustic guitar and cunning brass arrangements that are delivered with honesty and simplicity. Stan’s humorous and poignant lyrics cover a wide range of topics including train trips damaging your brain, MC’s playing EP’s in temples and Danish movies with Swedish subtitles.

‘Dank U’ opens with the Single ‘Stanley Brinks (released in January ’08), a laidback autobiographical tale, followed by other album jewels such as ‘My Experience With Truth’, ‘Pease Pottage’ and ‘I’ll Be

With You’ which, although reminiscent of his work with Herman Dune, are heavily doused with a unique charm that only Stan knows the secret of…

http://www.megaupload.com/es/?d=7VLRLJR0

• y este de propina, esto si es rollito lo-fi!
    Schizophrenic Housewives - Don't Marry The… 7'' EP [2008/Hillside Strangler]**

@1p88a32e:

Not much as far as reviews go on this one. They do a killer cover of Dow Jones and the Industrials "Can't Stand the Midwest". 6 songs total, with the 3 on the flip being the stand-outs. Here's some more info in broken english:

"First 7" ep from galician new wave-punks on Madrid label hillside strangler records .Think adverts meets devo and rip off recs sound full of ineptitude and lo-fi sound.
    6 songs including a cover of Dow Jones & The Industrials.100% studio free.Recorded in the bassist kitchen!!"

http://www.megaupload.com/es/?d=YHL3WY4Z

• Martín McFly - Oxímoron AdecuadoLes dejo mi album junto a su información, tapas, letras, fotos y un cuento:
    http://rapidshare.com/files/133647072/M ... o.zip.html]

Más info en www.facundoroman.com.ar

• Alguien puede volver a subir el de Ariel Pink's Haunted Graffiti?? A mí el anterior me gustó mucho… Este parece ser q lo han quitado del sendspace

Gracias!

• Lo acostumbrado, la cosecha de julio:

http://www.fileducky.com/kBqpABLt/
    ```Donde viene esto:

01 Mount Eerie + Julie Doiron + Fred Squire - Flaming home
    02 Ellen Alien - Frieda
    03 Ron Sexsmith - The impossible world
    04 Televise - Neon stone
    05 Neil Halstead - Oh mighty engine
    06 Mirah - Dreamboat
    07 Firekites - Autumn Story
    08 Neil Halstead - Paint a face
    09 Ron Sexsmith - One last round
    10 Morente - Pintao en un papel verde
    11 Human Highway - Pretty hair
    12 Stereolab - Neon beanbag
    13 Crystal Castles Vs HEALTH - Crimewave
    14 The Faint - Mirror error
    15 Le Corbeau - Burnt violet sky

• que tal está el split de crystal castles y health?

lo puse en filtraciones 07 pero no me lo bajé