Primavera Sound 2017

• Here it is, Primavera Sound 2017 is happening and the line-up is already out. Would be interesting to know why the sudden rush?

alt text

Well, it looks very eclectic to me, a line-up were Van Morrison is next to Miguel, Slayer and S U R V I V E (fame of Stranger Things) is definitely one of a kind. So congratulations again for not going the easy way and taking a risk instead.

Personally there's never been a line-up before with so many unknown names to me. I guess part of it is the extension of the Beach Area, with two stages next year, so lots of electronica.

Especially happy about King Gizzard, Royal Trux, Magnetic Fields (playing two shows), Teenage Fanclub, Mystery Lights, Nots, Wand, The Zombies and The Make-Up.

Saw a few acts at this years Le Guess Who?-Festival, Junun were surprisingly great and Elza Soares gave a very special performance. I did miss Phurpa (a bit like Sunn O))) without the instruments) though...

• I was also at the Le Guess Who. I really liked Elza Soares, it was a very special concert. I saw the first hour of Phurpa, they played as a duet instead of the usual quintet. I never got into their music but I think it´s nice to see a band like this one in Primavera.

• We went for Ryan Sambol (holy shit, he was fun!), dinner (the cantonese restaurant opposite of the Tivoli) and Scott Fagan instead. But yeah, I feel like there's risky and exceptional stuff in
    the line-up, then again that's what primavera is all about.

• @derblonde cantonese restaurant? Was it good? I've already bought the tickets for next year, so I might give it a try.

• Paradijs is the name, it has a '70ies vibe and the waiter was very strict, but yes the food was good, even though we kinda stayed on the safe side (no offal and some dishes seemed too exotic in their mixture of sweet and savory, but thats something that catalans like, right?). But the best food we had might have been the rijstafel at Blauw.

LGW? was great indeed, so might as well go again next year, even though Primavera delievers the better line-up for me.

• @derblonde Thanks for the name of the restaurant. I have been going to LGW for two years, and really love it: to have most of the main stages together at Tivoli is great, you can see a lot of concerts seated and it´s still not too crowded.

Looks like your connection to Foros Primavera Sound was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.