MUSEO KITSCH

• pues apunta a punta, que este año van las KETCHUP

• ...ostras me acabo de enterar que el chucho ese tan feo,Sam, se murió el pasado noviembre...

Tuesday, November 22, 2005; Posted: 1:51 p.m. EST (18:51 GMT)

Sam, who died Friday, shown in a photo taken in Santa Barbara, California, on June 28.2005

SANTA BARBARA, California (AP) – Sam, the dog whose ugliness earned him TV appearances, limousine rides and even a meeting with millionaire Donald Trump, has died, the Santa Barbara News-Press reported Tuesday.

The pooch with the hairless body, crooked teeth and sparse tuft of hair atop his knobby head died Friday, just short of his 15th birthday, said his owner, Susie Lockheed.

"I don't think there'll ever be another Sam," she said, adding wryly, "Some people would think that's a good thing."

Sam became an international celebrity after winning the ugliest animal contest at the 2003 Sonoma-Marin Fair in California -- a victory he twice repeated. The purebred Chinese crested hairless made appearances on TV in Japan, radio in New Zealand and in Britain's Daily Mirror tabloid, stayed in luxury hotels and met Trump on a talk show set.

Lockheed marketed his visage on T-shirts, a calendar and even a coffee "ugly mug."

At the time of his death, Sam was scheduled to be filmed for a Discovery Channel series on the world's ugliest species.

Lockheed said she was initially terrified of Sam when she agreed to take him in as a rescue six years ago on a 48-hour trial basis. Although she fell in love with him, his appearance repulsed her then-boyfriend and prompted the man to break up with her.

Later, however, Sam became a matchmaker by bringing together Lockheed and her current beau, who saw a picture of the two on an online dating site.

Lockheed said she had Sam euthanized after a veterinarian told her Sam's heart was failing.

She said she's felt a little lost ever since, and is sleeping with Sam's favorite toy -- a stuffed bear he picked up and carried home.

"I have snuggled Sam under my blankets on my bed for six years," said Lockheed, who has three other dogs named TatorTot, TinkerBell and PixieNoodle.

http://www.cnn.com/2005/US/11/22/ugly.dog.ap

• …álguien se ha preguntado alguna vez qué escucha Bush en su I-pod?

...pués aquí tenéis la respuesta :

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Gb7iOvS7Akc& ... ush%20ipod

(transcripción del diálogo)

**Bush : Beach Boys, Beatles, let's see, Alan Jackson, Alan Jackson, Alejandro, Alison Krauss, the Angels, the Archies, Aretha Franklin, the Beatles, Dan McLean. Remember him?

Hume: Don McLean.

Bush: I mean, Don McLean.

Hume: Does "American Pie," right?

Bush: Great song.

Hume: Yes, yes, great song.

Unidentified male: . . . which ones do you play?

Bush: All of these. I put it on shuffle. Dwight Yoakam. I've got the Shuffle, the, what is it called? The little.

Hume: Shuffle.

Bush: It looks like.

Hume: The Shuffle. That is the name of one of the models.

Bush: Yes, the Shuffle.

Hume: Called the Shuffle.

Bush: Lightweight, and crank it on, and you shuffle the Shuffle.

Hume: So you – it plays . . .

Bush: Put it in my pocket, got the ear things on.

Hume: So it plays them in a random order.

Bush: Yes.

Hume: So you don't know what you're going to going to get.

Bush: No.

Hume: But you know --

Bush: And if you don't like it, you have got your little advance button. It's pretty high-tech stuff.

Hume: . . . be good to have one of those at home, wouldn't it?

Bush: Oh?

Hume: Yes, hit the button and whatever it is that's in your head -- gone.

Bush: . . . it's a bad day, just say, get out of here.

Hume: Well, that probably is pretty . . .

Bush: That works, too. ( Laughter )

Hume: Yes, right.**

…y aquí tenéis una pequeña historieta sobre él

http://www.thetoiletonline.com/leaveit.htm

• greetings from the darkness…..

Vampira, la elegancia y la frialdad de una losa, mirada distante y perturbadora a la vez que hipnotizadora.

Elvira, sexualidad proto punk pajillera, una de las imágenes de los 80, carne sín ningún tipo de mordaza.

• hablar de goticismo y kitsch es una buena idea, jeje

• Ya lo creo , esas pelis de la Hammer con Christopher Lee y Peter Cushing con esos colores y esos decorados, pastiches de los clásicos del terror que se convierten a su vez en clásicos.

Edito: No hay que olvidarse de la serie de Películas de Roger Corman recreando relatos de Allan Poe, por supuesto con el más grande, Vincent Price

En la última con Boris Karloff y Peter Lorre casi ná

• No sé muy bien de qué va esto (si es real o no, lo encontré en una página perdida), pero merece entrar en el museo:

http://www.madridtokiev.com/

Dar paso a vuestra curiosidad... Pero con frases como esta, aseguro que no decepciona:
    _@55lk56gd:

(2) The police in a certain suburb of Alcobendas don't take kindly to strange men dressed in dark clothes wandering their streets after midnight. Especially when this suburb was, as the cop explained to me in a rare burst of English, "the Beverly Hills of Spain."

_

• ¿quien dice que en España la gente no tiene ilusiones y espíritu emprenedor?

Don Justo Gallago y la catedral de Mejorada del Campo

Pura arquitectura pop, única en el mundo.

• la del anuncio de aquarius…

• bueno, digamos que el comercial de esa marca de refrescos a servido para popularizar una figura única que los aficionados a la cultura pop ya conociamos.

• Ahora mismo estoy escuchando la versión electroclash petarda de la canción de PASIÓN DE GAVILANES a cargo de Fabio MacNamara con constantes alusiones al "reggaetón" rimado con "maricón".

No future. O sí.

• pasamelaaaaaaa¡¡¡¡¡¡¡ esa cancion tiene que ser la bomba¡¡¡¡

• La he escuchado en el "curioso" SXXI de Radio 3. Esta noche baja del pájaro rapidito. Ahora meten a Morrissey "en lo que es su álbum más feliz". Ambos, Mozzer y Fabio, seguro que se meten mano en los baños turcos de Marina d'Or a finales de julio.

• no compareis al gran Fabio con el pelmazo de Manchester. En casa su disco Rockstation es de los más pinchados en estos 2 últimos años.

• @30segundossobreTokyo:1lhr0dr0:

no compareis al gran Fabio con el pelmazo de Manchester. En casa su disco Rockstation es de los más pinchados en estos 2 últimos años.

Para nada es mi intención. El privilegiado es Mozzer al poder toquetear a semejante e íntegro mito.

• totalmente, a ver si aprende el silly brit.

• es un claro ejemplo del porque tendria que haber habido un Japan Stage este año en el Primavera.
    Es que estos de Nitsa…ay ay ay

• Black Sabbath, Blondie Enter Rock & Roll Hall of Fame

Debbie Harry of Blondie and her band is inducted during the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony in New York, 13 March 2006. The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Museum's permanent collection is in Cleveland, Ohio.

NEW YORK - Between an ugly feud among Blondie members spilling over onstage and a rancorous letter from the absent Sex Pistols, the latest Rock and Roll Hall of Fame class did not enter quietly on Monday.

The animosity even made Ozzy Osbourne, inducted with Black Sabbath, seem sedate.

As midnight arrived under the chandeliers of the Waldorf-Astoria’s grand ballroom, Lynyrd Skynyrd was performing the song that launched countless cigarette lighters, “Free Bird,” to celebrate their own induction. Famed jazz trumpeter Miles Davis completed the honorees.

When Blondie, the most commercially successful band to emerge from a fertile New York rock scene that also produced Talking Heads and the Ramones, reformed after 15 years, they didn’t include former members Frank Infante and Nigel Harrison. They sued unsuccessfully to join.

Infante, Harrison and Gary Valentine, another former member left behind in a business dispute, were barely acknowledged by former chums Deborah Harry, Chris Stein and Clem Burke as they received their awards.

Infante begged to perform with the band.

“Debbie, are we allowed?” he pleaded before Blondie performed their hits “Heart of Glass,” “Rapture” and “Call Me.”

“Can’t you see my band is up there?” Harry replied. The three rejected members walked offstage, but not before Infante groaned into the microphone.

Punk rockers the Sex Pistols had turned down the honor in a profane letter that compared the hall to “urine in wine.” Rolling Stone magazine founder Jann Wenner read the letter, and invited the band to pick up their trophies at the rock hall in Cleveland.

“If they want to smash them into bits, they can do that, too,” Wenner said.

Behind the unnerving stare of singer Johnny Rotten and the lacerating lyrics of “God Save the Queen” and “Pretty Vacant,” the Sex Pistols appeared the most shocking of the first punk-rock generation in the mid-1970s. The Pistols imploded after one album, with Rotten saying, “ever get the feeling you’ve been cheated?” before walking offstage after their last show for decades.

Celebrating Sabbath
    Osbourne may be better known now as an addled reality TV star, but his musical legacy with Black Sabbath got its due with the band’s induction.

Osbourne has badmouthed the hall of fame for waiting a decade to induct Sabbath, a cause taken up by Metallica member Lars Ulrich in his induction. Metallica guitarist James Hetfield and Ulrich both said their band would not exist without the example of Black Sabbath.

“If there was no Black Sabbath, I could still possibly be a morning newspaper delivery boy,” Ulrich said. “No fun.”

Osbourne, Geezer Butler, Tony Iommi and Bill Ward did not perform, but Metallica rattled the walls with versions of “Iron Man” and “Hole in the Sky.”

“Thank you to all Sabbath fans everywhere,” Ward said. “Hopefully our induction tonight will add to the validation ... [and] hard rock and heavy metal will have an enduring and everlasting place in rock history.”

Osbourne thanked his wife, Sharon, who sat in the ballroom with their daughters Kelly and Aimee.

Davis was inducted by fellow jazz musician Herbie Hancock, who said the trumpeter often played with his back to the audience simply because he was conducting the band.

“He was a man of mystery, magic and mystique,” Hancock said. “It was often said he was an enigma. I would venture to say that many who said that just didn’t get it.”

Southern rockers Skynyrd, whose name was a deliberately misspelled “tribute” to a hated high-school teacher, made much of its memorable music before a 1977 plane crash killed singer Ronnie Van Zant and guitarist Steve Gaines.

“No one deserved to be here more than Ronnie Van Zant,” said his widow Judy, “and he would truly be honored.”

Johnny Van Zant, who replaced his brother as the lead singer, joined Kid Rock in a duet of the band’s hit “Sweet Home Alabama,” such a well-known prideful statement of Southern heritage that the title was later swiped for a Reese Witherspoon movie.

Each of the acts is still active. Blondie and the Sex Pistols reformed after long dormant periods, and so did Sabbath, who frequently headlined the popular Ozzfest summer concert tours.

The hall also is giving a lifetime achievement award to Herb Alpert and Jerry Moss, founders of the influential A&M Records label that bore their initials and signed artists like the Police, Supertramp, John Hiatt, Cat Stevens and Alpert’s band, the Tijuana Brass.

“I haven’t seen this many people since I played bar mitzvahs years ago,” said trumpeter Alpert.

Inductees are honored at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame & Museum in Cleveland. Highlights of the 21st annual ceremony will be shown on VH1 on March 21.

Photos from the ceremony:

Miles Davis family members from left to right, daughter Cheryl Davis, nephew Vincent Wilburn, son Gregory Davis, grandson Paul Scott and youngest son Erin Davis, pose for photographers backstage after Miles Davis was inducted at the twenty-first annual Rock and Roll Hall of Fame dinner in New York, Monday, March 13, 2006

• When she sang about Respect for the first time in 1967, Aretha Franklin was a svelte brunette. Forty years on, she is almost unrecognisable.

In a blonde wig, spilling out of a low-cut gown, a much larger Queen of Soul appeared at a gala dinner in Washington on Friday.

And Miss Franklin couldn't be happier. For the first time, she says, the real Aretha is on stage - a 'big woman' who loves her food.

The 63-year-old has revealed she spent decades starving herself to stay slim.

'For a long time I suffered so much trying to be what other people expected me to be and look like,' she told the Canyon News website.

'I definitely was never meant to be a model-type walking down a runway - I'm just Aretha singing what she feels in her heart and soul. So far, people seem to understand...'

The audience at the National Association of Black-Owned Broadcasters gala dinner certainly seemed satisfied, giving the mother of four a standing ovation.