News

• en nuestra casa le tenemos un gran cariño al tito Edwyn, de los Collins de toda la vida, por lo que cuelgo esto por aquí.
    Bien se hubiese merecido una actuación en el auditori. A ver si en la próxima edición puede ser.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandstyle/ ... lins-space

This has been my working area ever since I came out of hospital four years ago after a stroke. It's part of the living room of my home in Kilburn in London, where I've lived for 13 years with my wife Grace and son William.

I do yoga and have two-hour speech and language therapy sessions here, usually in the mornings. The rest of the time I spend drawing, writing songs by singing into a dictation machine or touching base with fans via my MySpace profile that William, who's 19, set up for me. Going on MySpace helps me to recover my reading and writing skills and communicate with the outside world.

When I got home after hospital, this corner of the room was quite empty, but after six months it began to groan with sketchbooks, art materials, music equipment, guitars and taxidermy. If we have Sunday lunch with friends, moving everything from the table is a major operation.

I draw mainly British wildlife. It's been a passion since I was 20 and I worked as an illustrator for Glasgow Parks Department. Edward Lear was a huge influence. I drew nature trails in a Victorian engraving style. But my art was put on the back burner as my band Orange Juice took off - although I did design a lot of the artwork, including record sleeve designs. I rediscovered drawing after my stroke and have been a professional artist since then. I'll be showing 70 drawings at my forthcoming exhibition so I've been very busy working on these.

My obsessions - animals, birds, music - have helped me to recover, they've been a life-saver. I've suffered from memory loss and drawing birds helps bring back all these memories. Drawing itself is a form of physical therapy, of healing. My first drawing after hospital was of a wigeon - a type of duck. It was very crude, but my drawings are getting better. They're like a metaphor for my recovery.

• ya iba siendo hora:

http://www.uncut.co.uk/news/the_beatles/news/13005

@366to1ti:

The Beatles entire catalogue of albums have been digitally remastered and will be reissued on September 9, 2009, say Apple Corps today (April 7).

Each of the CDs will feature replicated UK album artwork, new liner notes and rare photographs. Initially, the CDs will also contain a short film about the album, containing archive footage, and exclusive behind-the-scenes studio chat from the band.

On the same day, two box sets; one stereo and one mono, will also be released.

The stereo set features the original 12 Beatles studio albums plus 'Magical Mystery Tour.' The albums 'Past Masters Vol. I and II' will also be included, amalgamated into one title, so the box set will feature 14 albums on 16 discs.

'The Beatles in Mono' box set contains The Beatles' ten albums which were originally intended to be released in mono, as well as two extra discs of mono masters.

Bonuses include the original 1965 stereo mixes of “Help!” and “Rubber Soul”, both of which have not appeared on CD before.

The Apple Corps press statement, regarding the question as to whether the Beatles catalgue will eventually be available to download simply states: "Discussions regarding the digital distribution of the catalogue will continue. There is no further information available at this time".

More information about all of these releases will be available here: www.thebeatles.com

The Stereo Albums:

The stereo albums have been remastered by Guy Massey, Steve Rooke, Sam Okell with Paul Hicks and Sean Magee
    Additional historical notes by Kevin Howlett and Mike Heatley
    Additional recording notes by Allan Rouse and Kevin Howlett

• = CD includes QuickTime mini-doc about the album

Please Please Me* (CD debut in stereo)
    With The Beatles* (CD debut in stereo)
    A Hard Day's Night* (CD debut in stereo)
    Beatles For Sale* (CD debut in stereo)
    Help!*
    Rubber Soul*
    Revolver*
    Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band* (also includes 1987 notes, updated, and new intro by Paul McCartney)
    Magical Mystery Tour*
    The Beatles*
    Yellow Submarine* (also includes original US liner notes)
    Abbey Road*
    Let It Be*
    Past Masters (contains new liner notes written by Kevin Howlett)

‘The Beatles in Mono’ (box set only):

Remastered by Paul Hicks, Sean Magee with Guy Massey and Steve Rooke
    Presented together in box with an essay written by Kevin Howlett

• = mono mix CD debut

Please Please Me
    With The Beatles
    A Hard Day's Night
    Beatles For Sale
    Help! (CD also includes original 1965 stereo mix)+
    Rubber Soul (CD also include original 1965 stereo mix)+
    Revolver+
    Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band+
    Magical Mystery Tour+
    The Beatles+
    Mono Masters

• Agarrense que vienen curvas… la nueva ministra de (in)cultura es la peor noticia para los internautas españoles.

Más información aquí, aquí o aquí.

• la puta, este artículo es la risión!

http://www.elmundo.es/elmundo/2009/04/0 ... 05615.html

• Si…lo acabo de leer ahora mismo y no puedo por más que estar totalmente de acuerdo.

• @manel:3n3v8wki:

la puta, este artículo es la risión!

http://www.elmundo.es/elmundo/2009/04/0 ... 05615.html

joder! IMPAGABLE! guión de Charlie Kaufman y peli de Spike Jonze pero YA, POR DIOS!

• No es Jordi Hurtado el que sale en pantalla. Es Max Headroom.

• @Suarezmanlanz:1nnkl07w:

Agarrense que vienen curvas… la nueva ministra de (in)cultura es la peor noticia para los internautas españoles.

y también una mala noticia para cualquier persona mínimamente interesada por la cultura en cualquiera de sus manifestaciones: esta señora es guionista de Mentiras y gordas

a tomar por el culo

• Viva Mentiras y gordas!
    Hecatombe nacional!!

• @Rumsas:3uh2xfkq:

esta señora es guionista de Mentiras y gordas

sólo por eso deberían meterla en la cárcel. ni resucitando a garcía lorca compensaría el daño cultural que ha hecho a este país con el bodriazo en cuestión.

• Bufff en cuanto esta el corte de ministro?? a lo mejor preparo la oposición…

• NEARLY FOUR YEARS IN THE MAKING, THE FIVE C.D. MONSTER SET FROM BASTARD NOISE "OUR EARTH'S BLOOD PT. IV" IS FINALLY AVAILABLE ! THIS MASSIVE RELEASE CONTAINS OVER FIVE HOURS OF VOCAL AND ELECTRONIC SOUND HORROR. PACKAGED IN A BEAUTIFUL "CROSS" STYLE, ALL PAPER ALBUM JACKET THAT HOLDS THE COMPLETE SET PERFECTLY, ALL LYRICS AND SPECIAL ARTWORK ARE ALSO ENCLOSED. ALL TRACKS ARE COLLABORATIVE WORKS THAT FEATURE SOME OF THE WORLDS MOST INTERESTING EXPERIMENTALISTS. CONTRIBUTORS INCLUDE : SICKNESS/MERZBOW/CLEW OF THESEUS/TN666/JAY RANDALL(AGORAPHOBIC NOSEBLEED)/GUILTY CONNECTOR/GOVERNMENT ALPHA/AZOIKUM/BIZARRE UPROAR/NYARLATHOTEP/RICK GRIBENAS/KELLY CHURKO + MANY MORE.

• Ahora va a saber la gente lo que hemos tragado con el señor Chaves en Andalucía…..virgen santa que alegría!! ahora por lo menos nos robará a todos.

• @fat:1pzqs2b1:

Ahora va a saber la gente lo que hemos tragado con el señor Chaves en Andalucía…..virgen santa que alegría!! ahora por lo menos nos robará a todos.

La gente con edad y memoria ya lo sabemos, que fue ministro de trabajo con Gonzalez del 96 al 00….
    Consiguio que hasta UGT y CC.OO se hermanaran (algo inaudito por aquel entonces) y le montaran una huelga general al gobierno del hasta entonces intocable Felipe Gonzalez.
    A fin de cuentas es savia nueva para este siglo XXI....

• a chávez lo he visto yo cogiendo olas con un body y comiendo paella con las tetas al aire en una playa de chinos y algas en estepona (tubalitas).

un amigo me comentó hace un par de días que lo vió el finde pasado en el cine avenida sacando entradas (para 'mentiras y gordas', imaginamos) y que lo vió incluso pagar.

estas cosas lo dignifican (un poco).

• @30segundossobreTokyo:s8ovv4qx:

NEARLY FOUR YEARS IN THE MAKING, THE FIVE C.D. MONSTER SET FROM BASTARD NOISE "OUR EARTH'S BLOOD PT. IV" IS FINALLY AVAILABLE ! THIS MASSIVE RELEASE CONTAINS OVER FIVE HOURS OF VOCAL AND ELECTRONIC SOUND HORROR. PACKAGED IN A BEAUTIFUL "CROSS" STYLE, ALL PAPER ALBUM JACKET THAT HOLDS THE COMPLETE SET PERFECTLY, ALL LYRICS AND SPECIAL ARTWORK ARE ALSO ENCLOSED. ALL TRACKS ARE COLLABORATIVE WORKS THAT FEATURE SOME OF THE WORLDS MOST INTERESTING EXPERIMENTALISTS. CONTRIBUTORS INCLUDE : SICKNESS/MERZBOW/CLEW OF THESEUS/TN666/JAY RANDALL(AGORAPHOBIC NOSEBLEED)/GUILTY CONNECTOR/GOVERNMENT ALPHA/AZOIKUM/BIZARRE UPROAR/NYARLATHOTEP/RICK GRIBENAS/KELLY CHURKO + MANY MORE.

Más de 5 horas de horror, que rico.

• @jackster:3queaqkd:

@fat:3queaqkd:

Ahora va a saber la gente lo que hemos tragado con el señor Chaves en Andalucía…..virgen santa que alegría!! ahora por lo menos nos robará a todos.

La gente con edad y memoria ya lo sabemos, que fue ministro de trabajo con Gonzalez del 96 al 00….
    Consiguio que hasta UGT y CC.OO se hermanaran (algo inaudito por aquel entonces) y le montaran una huelga general al gobierno del hasta entonces intocable Felipe Gonzalez.
    A fin de cuentas es savia nueva para este siglo XXI....

del 96 al 00 gobernó el PP.

• del 86 al 90…que la huelga general fue en el 88...vamos, del mundial de mexico al de italia, bonita dislexia matematica me he marcado

• @jackster:2kl2h169:

del 86 al 90…que la huelga general fue en el 88...vamos, del mundial de mexico al de italia, bonita dislexia matematica me he marcado

Ese alzheimer Jacks que uno ya empieza a tener una edad