News

• ya te puedes bajar los pantalones ahora mismo porque voy a tu casa a hacerte pupita…

• No que me ves los discos de Morrisey bueno de los Smiths , los tengo tos!

• eso tambien los tengo todos, pero no estabamos hablando de ello. No te hagas el remolón que va a ser peor…

• @30segundossobreTokyo:2grfsji9:

eso tambien los tengo todos, pero no estabamos hablando de ello. No te hagas el remolón que va a ser peor…

Tú dale bien fuerte, que al principio le dolerá, pero luego le acabará gustando, que se de buena tinta que Churro es muy vicioso

• yo? más vicio que una garrota

• hombre…churro. ¿has dormido bien o has tenido sueños...pecaminosos conmigo....?

• @30segundossobreTokyo:35v051om:

hombre…churro. ¿has dormido bien o has tenido sueños...pecaminosos conmigo....?

espero no tener que darte un toque de atencion por fijarte en mi perro…..

• te gustará verme como sodomizo a tu esclavo…

• @30segundossobreTokyo:2fhtcmms:

Por tu culpa he soñado con Axl Rose con el balanceo ese lateral que hacía

Diana, U know I wanna be yor dog

• @churro:n8jev1xn:

@30segundossobreTokyo:n8jev1xn:

Por tu culpa he soñado con Axl Rose con el balanceo ese lateral que hacía

Diana, U know I wanna be yor dog

coño, yo el otro dia tambien soñe con axl rose (mas bien malsoñar). No lo he soportado nunca.

• poco a poco os estais conviertiendo a la verdad absoluta.

• Bad Afro Records 10 year anniversary

The Copenhagen based record label Bad Afro celebrates it’s 10 year anniversary in 2006. Since 1996 the label has released almost 100 records in different formats under the slogan “Pushing Scandinavian Rock to the Man!” covering punk rock, surf, garage- and psychedelic rock from Scandinavia and Finland only.

Nobody seem to remember exactly when the label started in 1996 so we decided to salute the anniversary twice. First up is Bad Afro Label Night 15/4 at Rust in Copenhagen featuring Sweatmaster and Slideshaker. This will be followed by three releases on May 8th – On Trial – Forever LP/CD, The Flaming Sideburns – Back to the Grave LP/CD and 22 Pistepirkko – Ou Wee CD/12”. Besides that a big party is planned for November.

Bad Afro started out as an offshoot of Moshable Magazine which existed from 1986 until year 2000. Early on the magazine had a big focus on Scandinavian rock music and had Turbonegro on the front cover in 1992 and did the very first interviews with The Hellacopters and Gluecifer. Slowly it became more interesting to release music by the new breed of Scandinavian rock bands than it was to write about them and it led to a string of singles with The Hellacopters, Turbonegro, Gluecifer, Backyard Babies, The Nomads, The Flaming Sideburns and many more. Many of these early releases are now worth good dollars on E-bay.

The idea behind the label was initially to do 50 vinyl singles during 10 years with the best rock bands that the Scandinavian rock scene could muster. That goal is getting close since single # 45 will be released during 2006. But other than that the plan changed. In 1999 the first album with The Flaming Sideburns appeared and that was actually an accident. In a drunken haze it was promised that the It’s Time To Testify 10” would also appear as a CD version and we had to stand by that promise. That was later followed by 30 albums and compilations.

For the moment Bad Afro is working with artists such as The Flaming Sideburns, On Trial, Silver, Sweatmaster, The Defectors, 22 Pistepirkko and Slideshaker.

Bad Afro Records
    Studiestraede 24, 2
    1455 Copenhagen K
    Denmark
    http://www.badafro.dk

• Oldham, Johnston, Wolf Pay Tribute to Pet Sounds
    Matthew Solarski reports:
    We need not laundry list the stars of indie and mainstream alike who cite The Beach Boys' 1966 masterpiece Pet Sounds as a profound influence–instead we'll make animal noises! C'mon everybody! Woof for Will Johnson's Centro-Matic! Howl for Patrick Wolf! Oink for Oldham Brothers! Purr for Architecture in Helsinki! Bleat for Daniel Johnston!

Now that we've made our silly quota for the week, on to the news: all these hepcats and more have signed on for a star-studded tribute to everybody's Second-Best Album of All-Time. The disc, which preserves Pet Sounds's original track order, will arrive this fall courtesy of Spain's Houston Party Records. It's cheekily titled Do It Again: a Tribute to Pet Sounds, a reference to Brian Wilson's notorious perfectionist tendencies with studio musicians (dude would frequently demand his players "do it again", seeking nothing less than the best).

Indeed, it would be nice:

01 Oldham Brothers: "Wouldn't It Be Nice"
    02 Vic Chesnutt: "You Still Believe in Me"
    03 Nobody and the Mystic Chords of Memory with Farmer Dave: "That's Not Me"
    04 Centro-Matic: "Don't Talk (Put Your Head on My Shoulder)"
    05 Micah P. Hinson: "I'm Waiting for the Day"
    06 Raygun: "Let's Go Away for a While"
    07 Dayna Kurtz: "Sloop John B."
    08 Daniel Johnston: "God Only Knows"
    09 Mazarin: "I Know There's an Answer"
    10 Jody Wildgoose: "Here Today"
    11 Patrick Wolf: "I Just Wasn't Made for These Times"
    12 Architecture in Helsinki: "Pet Sounds"
    13 The Wedding Present: "Caroline No"

Wilson, meanwhile, continues sailing the good ship S.S. Career Renaissance. He duets with daughter Carnie Wilson (of Wilson Phillips fame) on Carnie's forthcoming tribute to matriarchy, A Mother's Gift: Lullabies from the Heart. Her debut solo record, this Gift drops May 2 via Big3 Records. Good to know there's no ill-will between Carnie and the man who named her after a slang term for a carnival worker. Hee-haw!

• Uff, qué buena pinta este disco. El plantel de versionadores es impresionante: Oldham, Chesnutt, Gedge & co, Dayna Kurtz, Johnston, Will Johnson (que está en todas) e incluso el Micapé con "I'm waiting for the day", una de las mejores canciones de pop jamás escritas.

• En la web de Houston Party acabo de encontrar anunciado este lanzamiento, pero no dan más información:

The Wedding Present - Searching for Paradise (cd + dvd) - 16 de mayo

• Melt Banana, otra maravillosa panda de chalados. Molan mucho.

• @30segundossobreTokyo:azs1g3j9:

Melt Banana, otra maravillosa panda de chalados. Molan mucho.

Si que molan, si

• @Marniello:32gfl98w:

En la web de Houston Party acabo de encontrar anunciado este lanzamiento, pero no dan más información:

The Wedding Present - Searching for Paradise (cd + dvd) - 16 de mayo

Lei algo hace tiempo, creo que es un dvd y cd en directo. Voy a buscar la información…