News

• El mes pasado entrevistaban a Gene Pitney en la Mojo y salió tan flamenco por la tele, pues se ha muerto

Gene Pitney
    Día de muerte - Apr 5, 2006 in Cardiff, Wales

Algunos odiaréis sus temas más melódicos pero casi creo la psicodélia con Mecca 1963.
    Empezar por este tema o con Nobody Needs Your Love 1966
    Por desgracia tb ha sido una gran influencia para Presuntos Implicados por su tratamiento de la voz o eso me parece a mí.
    Colaboró con mucha gente entre los q destacaríamos Burt Bacharach, muchos singles de éxito y escribió temas para Roy Orbison, The Crystals y el Hello Mary Lou de Ricky Nelson.
    Murió de gira.

• @Maurici:3lbcvivq:

El mes pasado entrevistaban a Gene Pitney en la Mojo y salió tan flamenco por la tele, pues se ha muerto…

.. ya informé yo de esto en la pàgina 59 click

...y se me hizo súper raro que nádie comentara nada ...a ver si a tí te hacen más caso

..y mi preferida repito que és "24hours from Tulsa" aunque odiaría que me la hubieran escrito...

GENE PITNEY - 24 HOURS FROM TULSA
    (H. David; B. Bacharach)
    CBS

Dearest darling I had to write to say that I won't be home anymore
    'Cause something happened to me while I was driving home and I'm not the same anymore

Oh I was only 24 hours from Tulsa
    Ah only one day away from your arms

I saw a welcoming light and stopped to rest for the night
    And that is when I saw her as I pulled in outside of a small hotel
    She was there and so I walked up to her
    Asked where I could get something to eat and she showed me where

She took me to a cafe
    I asked her if she would stay
    She said: "Okay"

The jukebox started to play
    And nighttime turned into day as we were dancing closely
    All of a sudden I lost control as I held her charms
    And I caressed her, kissed her
    Told her I'd die before I would let her out of my arms

I hate to do this to you
    But I love somebody new
    What can I do
    And I can never, never, never
    Go home again

• Un rapero muerto más:

D12 Rapper Proof Fatally Shot
    Eminem's right-hand man killed at Detroit club D12 rapper and longtime friend of Eminem, Proof, was shot and killed this morning at a Detroit club called 3C, located on the city's famed Eight Mile. Proof, born Deshaun Holton, was announced dead on arrival at Conner Creek Medical Center just after 5 a.m. He was thirty-two years old.
    Police were called to the scene in early this morning after reports of gunfire and fighting at the venue, which was operating illegally after-hours. Another unidentified, thirty-five-year-old man was also shot, and is listed in critical condition. An investigation into the incident is underway.

Proof was among the most revered MCs in Detroit and befriended fellow Motor City rapper Eminem before joining Em's rap troupe D12. Proof went on to make a brief appearance in Em's hit biopic, 8 Mile, and was ever-present in the courtroom in 2001, when Eminem was battling gun charges. Proof also served as the best man at the superstar rapper's wedding to his on-and-off love Kim Mathers last January.

"Me and Eminem have wonderful chemistry, and we have wonderful songs," the rapper told Rolling Stone last summer while on the all-star hip-hop Anger Management 3 tour.

This is the second shooting involving a member of Eminem's entourage in three months: Rapper Obie Trice was shot and injured on New Year's Eve while driving on Detroit's Lodge Freeway.

Early last year, Eminem released a video for "Like Toy Soldiers," off his last studio album, 2004's Encore, that slammed violence in the hip-hop community. In the clip, Proof is shot, and Eminem sits in the hospital waiting room as doctors try to revive his friend.

Proof released his solo debut, Searching for Jerry Garcia, last summer on his independent label Iron Fist Records. "It's a long time coming," he said. "I'm very nervous because of the perception of the group we run with – there's a lot of pressure."

Memorial service arrangements for Proof are still being made.

• …ya està en el youtube el anuncio de la cocacola con la música de los White Stripes ...

...no me ha gustado

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oWoLu_Hvbbw

• @Madam:

@Maurici:34567oov:

El mes pasado entrevistaban a Gene Pitney en la Mojo y salió tan flamenco por la tele, pues se ha muerto…

.. ya informé yo de esto en la pàgina 59 click
    ..y se me hizo súper raro que nádie comentara nada ...a ver si a tí te hacen más caso
    ..y mi preferida repito que és "24hours from Tulsa" aunque odiaría que me la hubieran escrito...
    GENE PITNEY - 24 HOURS FROM TULSA
    (H. David; B. Bacharach)
    CBS

Lo siento Madam Green no me había dado cuenta de que ya habías publicado un mensaje explicando que Pitney se habá merto.
    Muy buena tb la canción de 24hours from Tulsa y obligatoria.

• otros que vuelven al estudio, miedo me da

Iggy Pop reveals all about new Stooges album
    It will be their first album since 1973
    Iggy Pop has been writing songs with The Stooges for their first new album since 1973.

The as-yet-untitled album is due out next year, and will be produced by Steve Albini.

Of the songwriting process, Pop told Rolling Stone: "All the same passions and problems are there. But the problems are in a more muted style. I'm still the show-off in the group that gets all the attention. Everyone has their role. It's pretty much the way it was in high school."

Speaking about the recording process, the singer added: "We experimented a lot. We're stubborn people. We could have just started out and in 10 minutes we would have sounded like us, but that would have been too easy. We'd have these get-togethers every two or three months for four or five days and bang out stuff. As time went on it started to sound more and more like us."

The band are due to play the Thurston Moore-curated Nightmare Before Christmas festival at Butlin's in Minehead over the weekend of December 8-10.

• @RX456:

http://www.muzikalia.com/noticias_leer.php?referencia=6863

El nuevo disco de los NY Dolls contará con colaboraciones de Iggy y...Michael Stipe

Diosssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss. No puede ser.

• CAN

5 EDICIONES REMASTERIZADAS QUE SE PULICAN EL 29 DE MAYO DE 2006

Flow Motion (publicado originalmente en 1976)
    Considerado por algunos como el álbum 'POP', Flow Motion incluye el single de éxito y Top 30 en el Reino Unido "I Want More" .

Saw Delight (publicado originalmente en 1977)
    Se les unen aquí antiguos miembros de 'Traffic', Rosko y Reebop, Can volvieron a cambiar de dirección en su sonido una vez más, arrastrando influencias de la escena de música africana.

Can (publicado originalmente en 1978)
    Perdido en su edición inicial entre toda la explosión punk, Can incluye el clásico Sodom y Can Be. En este álbum Holger ocupa un lugar más secundario y sería el último álbum de Can antes de reformarse una vez más con Malcolm en Rite Time en 1986.

Delay 1968 (publicado originalmente en 1981)
    El clásico "primer álbum" que se había quedado varado en los archivos hasta 1981 cuando Holger Czukay rescató las cintas archivadas para formar este álbum.

Rite Time (publicado originalmente en 1986)
    Can se juntaron con el vocalista original Malcolm Mooney para volver a grabar juntos de nuevo. Reevaluado como uno de los álbumes clásicos de Can, en el que vuelven a mostrar cómo todo cambia pero sigue siendo inconfundiblemente Can.

Estas publicaciones vienen todas acompañadas de nuevas notas interiores y fotografías poco conocidas extraídas del archivo personal de Can, así como el diseño original de ediciones agotadas hace mucho.

Las ediciones remasterizadas de Monster Movie, Soundtracks, Tago Mago, Ege Bamyasi, Future Days, Soon Over Babaluma, Landed y Unlimited Edition ya están disponibles.

• @30segundossobreTokyo:2e658gc5:

@RX456:

El nuevo disco de los NY Dolls contará con colaboraciones de Iggy y...Michael Stipe

da miedo.

• @RX456:

@30segundossobreTokyo:2ys93ygq:

@RX456:

Alguién los vió en el Azkena 2004? Se conservan bien?

Edit: Se ve que Johansen aún conserva la voz en directo

Mantuvieron el tipo, se hizo largo el concierto, y la carpita habilitada no era la mejor para verles, pero a mi me hizo ilusión poder verles, si te digo la verdad. Eso si, Johansen esta demacradisimo, parecía Mick Jagger con 20 años más

• @jackster:3l9hl7pr:

@RX456:

@30segundossobreTokyo:3l9hl7pr:

@RX456:

Alguién los vió en el Azkena 2004? Se conservan bien?
    Edit: Se ve que Johansen aún conserva la voz en directo

Mantuvieron el tipo, se hizo largo el concierto, y la carpita habilitada no era la mejor para verles, pero a mi me hizo ilusión poder verles, si te digo la verdad. Eso si, Johansen esta demacradisimo, parecía Mick Jagger con 20 años más

Jackster lo ha contado muy bien.
    Me encantó el concierto que se marcaron en la presentación del Azkena 2004.
    Realmente tenía bastante miedo al respecto pero me dejaron impresionado. Buen rock'n'roll y sonaron todos los clásicos como no.
    Por cierto llevaban a Sam Yafa de los Hanoi Rocks y estuvo tb muy acertado.

Edit: Yaffa va con dos efes jajajaja lo he tenido q comprobar.

• Vaya, pues en principio quien producía el de los Estuches era Rick Rubin.

• @soft:

@30segundossobreTokyo:4euzphez:

@RX456:

da miedo.

….mucho miedo,si...

@jackster:4euzphez:

Un rapero muerto más:

D12 Rapper Proof Fatally Shot .

…el que también ha muerto és el policía que fué disparado por el tal Proof antes de que este también fuera tiroteado ...

click

Updated:2006-04-18 13:09:08
    Man Allegedly Shot by Rapper Proof Dies
    AP

AP/FOX2

Witnesses say that after Keith Bender was critically wounded, his cousin shot and killed rapper Proof.

More Coverage:
    · Police Question Bouncer in Attack

Talk About It: Post Messages DETROIT (April 18 ) - Keith Bender, who police say was shot by Proof before the rapper was shot and killed, died early Tuesday, a hospital spokeswoman said.

Bender, 35, had been in critical condition after being shot in the head a week ago at the CCC, a nightclub on Eight Mile Road, the border between Detroit and the northern suburbs.

He died early Tuesday, said Wende Berry, a spokeswoman for St. John Hospital and Medical Center.

Detroit police have said they were told by witnesses that Proof shot Bender during a dispute at the after-hours club. Bender's cousin, mario Etheridge, then shot and killed Proof, whose real name was Deshaun Holton, officers said.

Proof, 32, was a close friend of Eminem and had a small part in his 2002 movie, "8 Mile."

Etheridge, 28, is charged with carrying a concealed weapon and discharge of a firearm in a building. He has pleaded not guilty.

He posted $7,000 bond and was released from the Wayne County Jail on Sunday afternoon.

Meanwhile, a viewing for Proof, was to be held Tuesday. A funeral was scheduled for Wednesday.

• PJ Harvey vuelve a asomar la cabeza.

_PJ Harvey hits the Hay Festival

PJ Harvey will be making her first appearance at the Guardian Hay Festival this year on Friday 26th May, currently the only confirmed European performance by PJ Harvey this summer.

PJ Harvey’s appearance at Hay follows a tradition of carefully selected live tour dates – which to date have included, amongst others, the Eden Project, The Royal Court Theatre and the first ever rock concert at Tate Modern.

Peter Florence, Festival Director, says today:
    ”We are absolutely delighted that PJ Harvey will be opening this year’s festival. I love PJ Harvey and she’s perfect for Hay.“

The nineteenth annual ‘festival of ideas’, the Guardian Hay Festival, will take place this year from the 26th May- 4th June 2006. This year’s programme continues its tradition of combining a range of cultural experiences to stimulate the mind of the ‘thinking’ festival goer.

PJ Harvey will join other musicians on the festival programme this year, including Beth Orton, Katherine Jenkins and the Welsh National Opera.

There will also be a special screening of PJ Harvey’s first ever filmed documentary in the FilmFour Cinema at the Guardian Hay Festival. 'PJ Harvey On Tour: Please Leave Quietly', is available from May 1st and marks the release of PJ Harvey’s first ever DVD. The filmed documentary follows Harvey's tour through Europe and the USA in support of her seventh album 'Uh Huh Her' [2004] and offers an intimate and insightful look into a world of touring, performing and travelling.

Polly Jean Harvey formed a bass / drums / guitar trio in 1991 in Dorset, prior to branching out as a solo artist in 1994. She went on to record numerous award-winning albums, becoming the first female to be awarded the Mercury Music Prize with her album ‘Stories From The City, Stories From The Sea’. She has collaborated with an extraordinary range of musicians, duetting with Thom Yorke, Nick Cave, Tricky, Howe Gelb of Giant Sand, Pascal Comelade, Gordon Gano of Violent Femmes. In addition she collaborated with Josh Homme of Queens Of The Stoneage on his acclaimed Desert Sessions project and appeared on the Sparklehorse album ‘It’s A Wonderful Life’.

Tickets will be available online from 9am, 14th April 2006 www.hayfestival.com_

• Gracias a Dios que no era cierto aquello que dijo de dejar de hacer conciertos…

• Espero que vuelva con fuerza…

• Queremos discos nuevos de Polly Jean y de Sparcklehorse ¡¡¡YA!!!