Festivales ATP (All Tomorrow's Parties)

• @djcoco:ael3dymo:

@Gabi:

@hexagon:ael3dymo:

los flaming lips siempre hacen un divertido show, pero ya eventualmente llega a cansar la misma cosa y el mismo setlist año tras año. y atp no fue la excepcion, 1-2 canciones 'raras', pero el resto fue lo mismo de siempre.

se siente un poco de decepcion especialmente al ver que wayne pidio a las bandas que eligio, que toquen sets fuera de lo comun.

de cualquier forma, me alegro mucho que hayan sido elegidos como curators. armaron un excelente domingo.

Siento discrepar, pero la elección para mí ese día fue el peor de todos.. Excepto por Boredoms, claro.

Aunque hubo cosas muy buenas en general me pareció el día con menos nivel, si quitamos a No Age y Boredoms la cosa estuvo muy regulera. Birds Of Avalon malísimos, The Low Lows a mi me parecen muy del montón, Bridezilla bastante obviables, Hopewell no fui a verlos pero es que el disco me parece infumable, Super Furry Animals???? y lo de Crystal Castles ahí en medio no tenía ningún sentido

Pero a los No Age no estaban entre los "curados" no? El escenario 2 era de Barry.

• administrators

en teoría todo el domingo era curated por los flaming lips

• administrators

@hexagon:2ee24qw5:

boredoms hizo que ya el domingo sea un excelente dia para mi. cierto que hopewell, sfa y menomena no estuvieron en excelente nivel, no se, mis actos mas esperados eran the jesus lizard (viernes), boredoms y no age/mould (ambos en domingo). caribou tambien me gusto bastante. vieron a the low lows tocar afuera junto al lago?

no, los vi que iban hacia alli con los instrumentos pero nos ibamos a cenar creo

• @djcoco:2xikg7d4:

en teoría todo el domingo era curated por los flaming lips

mi no se lo cree

• administrators

home ya, yo tampoco me lo creo, especialmente lo de No Age/ Bob Mould. Los grupos malos si que me lo creo.

• @djcoco:2v3a7nkm:

home ya, yo tampoco me lo creo, especialmente lo de No Age/ Bob Mould. Los grupos malos si que me lo creo.

entiendo por el rencor que desprende el mensaje que no te dejaron subir al escenario disfrazado de teletubbie lila en el concierto de Flaming Lips.

• @tethor:1zka86e5:

@djcoco:1zka86e5:

entiendo por el rencor que desprende el mensaje que no te dejaron subir al escenario disfrazado de teletubbie lila en el concierto de Flaming Lips.

Te equivocas, le invitaron a subir disfrazado de conejito pero a última hora se acojonó.

• administrators

jaja, estaba todo preparado pero al final me lo pensé mejor. Y la verdad fue toda una suerte porque si tengo que aguantar ese peñazo de bolo encima del escenario me da algo.

• @Gabi:

@tethor:3ris80er:

@djcoco:3ris80er:

Te equivocas, le invitaron a subir disfrazado de conejito pero a última hora se acojonó.

Lástima, hubiese sido la performance del festival, ni los nueve bateristas del apocalipsis ni ostias…

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OEBX7tJVPqQ

• Como es un evento ATP….

To celebrate the fifth anniversary of the Don't Look Back season, in which All Tomorrow's Parties asks artists to perform classic albums in their entirety (beginning with The Stooges performing Fun House at the Hammersmith Apollo), and also as part of this year's 10 Years Of ATP celebrations, ATP concerts is very proud to present:

IGGY & THE STOOGES performing RAW POWER in its entirety
    supported by SUICIDE performing SUICIDE (first lp)
    with more special guests to be confirmed!

Taking place at London's Hammersmith Apollo on Sunday 2nd May and Monday 3rd May 2009, these will be the The Stooges first shows with famed guitarist James Williamson for over 35 years and are sure to be unforgettable events.

Raw Power, released in 1973, was the Stooges third and final album. Despite it's commercial failure on release, it has grown in stature over the years and is now seen as one of the most raw and uncompromising rock LPs ever created, as well as being a vital influence on the burgeoning punk rock scene at the time. Featuring songs such as the classic Search & Destroy, Gimme Danger and the title track, it was re-mixed for release by David Bowie, but Iggy Pop's later restored mix made it louder and even more vicious. Pitchfork Magazine awarded the album a perfect 10.0 score.

Suicide, released in 1977 to a confused reaction, can now be seen as a pre-cursor to synth-pop, no-wave and industrial; and as one of the most intense punk rock albums ever created. Featuring classics such as Ghost Rider, Rocket USA and the unforgettably bleak Frankie Teardrop, Alan Vega and Martin Rev's masterpiece has influenced a plethora of artists including Bruce Springsteen, Radiohead, R.E.M. and Joy Division.

More special guests are yet to be confirmed for these nights.

Tickets for these two very special shows are priced at £30 + booking fee and go on sale this Friday 18th September at 10am from www.seetickets.com

• @djcoco:cug92ujv:

jaja, estaba todo preparado pero al final me lo pensé mejor. Y la verdad fue toda una suerte porque si tengo que aguantar ese peñazo de bolo encima del escenario me da algo.

cuando a una persona como coco se le invita a subir disfrazado de conejo y declina la invitación quiere decir que flaming lips are fucking dead

• @Trinxo:3ibep0xj:

@Kanchelskis:3ibep0xj:

@hexagon:3ibep0xj:

saludar a nick cave en la maquina de video juegos.

wow, no me imagino a Nick Cave dándole duro al Arkanoid

Pues ahora que lo pienso tiene una retirada al malo de the king of kong.

jajajaja

• Por si alguien quiere ir aun a alguno de los 2 atp navideños…hay mas entradas a la venta.

1. We're pleased to be able to release a small amount of previously production held apartments for both of previously sold out Christmas ATP Festivals.

http://www.atpfestival.com/Events/Nightmare2009.php

http://www.atpfestival.com/Events/TenYearsOfATP.php

We hope to complete both line-ups very soon so keep an eye on the website next week.
    We will also soon be announcing the line-up for our In Between Days event, which runs between the two December festival weekends. For £100 per person you can stay for the four nights between the events and we will be putting on some amazing music every night as well as other activities.

Don't worry if you're not coming to both weekends; the In Between Days are open to anyone who wishes to stay after the Nightmare weekend or anyone who wants to arrive early before Ten Years too! For more info email us at feedback@atpfestival.com with IN BETWEEN DAYS in the subject line.

• we're happy to announce four more bands for the my bloody valentine curated Nightmare Before Christmas festival:

múm
    Harmony Rockets performing Paralyzed Mind of the Archangel Void
    Th' Faith Healers
    School Of Seven Bells

no tenía ni idea de al existencia de Harmony Rockets
    Group Members

• Jonathan Donahue
    • Grasshopper

t alegria de ver qu esigue la actividad en Th' Faith Healers, a ver si editan algo nuevo

• @bme:13pl5qp0:

no tenía ni idea de al existencia de Harmony Rockets
    Group Members

• Jonathan Donahue
    • Grasshopper

Vamos… Mercury rev

• VEINTE EN OROS!

**All Tomorrow’s Parties is honoured to announce that the legendary Pavement will curate ATP in May 2010!!!

It would be fair to say, we at ATP get to present some very special bands. But we are beyond excited to announce that legendary US band Pavement will headline and curate the weekend of May 14th-16th in 2010!

After years of speculation, arguably the most important American band of the Nineties is returning to the stage with the line-up of Mark Ibold, Scott "Spiral Stairs" Kannberg, Stephen Malkmus, Bob Nastanovich and Steve West reuniting for dates around the world in 2010 including curating and performing at ATP Weekend 2 on May 14th – 16th.

Described in their own Wikipedia entry as having experienced "moderate commercial success," Pavement's catalogue for the Matador, Domino, Drag City and Treble Kicker imprints has come to define in the eyes of many, the blueprint for independent rock over the past generation and we are thrilled to have them join our illustrious list of curators.

Tickets are priced at £160pp for room only and £170pp for self catering and go on sale this Friday 9th October at www.atpfestival.com

See below for full information on Early Bird and Instalment Tickets...

A second ATP festival weekend featuring a different curator on May 7-9th, 2010 will be announced next week!

• joder! joder!! joder!!! notición!!!

¿¿¿los podemos confirmar ya para el primavera???

• blanco y en botella…

• Hostia lo de las veinte en oros me ha encantado. El mejor momento del día sin duda, gracias tethor.

Magnífica noticia desde luego

• Jajajaja acabo de leer la noticia y aquí corriendo me he venido… esto huele a que sí, no?