Filtraciones '10

• ¿el de Grinderman es un ripeo del myspace, o está en condiciones?

edit: es bueno, es bueno, merci moldy!

• Gracias moldy, había ganas.

• voló grinderman.

• @chema:

voló grinderman.

No lo he escuchado aun, pero acabo de subir el archivo anterior tal cual lo he descargado.

Para evitar folladas prematuras, lo compartiré con quien me envie un privi. Abstenerse novatillos y entes sospechosos.

• que manera más poco elegante de ligotear, pulpo.

• El del Grinderman sin privados. A pecho descubierto.

http://depositfiles.com/es/files/bwcpn86za

• Graciasmil por el de Grinderman!!
    Dejo el pedazo de retorno de los Zephirs.

Zephirs - Fool of regrets

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=1MRNZXTX

Etiquetas por si acaso: slowcore, folk ambiental, Marcus McKay es el productor de los últimos discos de Polar, colabora gente de Mogwai, …

• Creo que no estaba por aquí el disco en solitario de Laetitia Sadier…

Laetitia Sadier - The Trip

http://hotfile.com/dl/67411860/c4b6029/www.NewAlbumReleases.net_Laetitia_Sadier_-The_Trip(2010).rar.html

Más pausada que con Stereolab, pero sigue haciendo unas armonías vocales preciosas.

• **VA - The Best of Dark Roots Music Volumes I, II, III, IV [Devil's Ruin Records]

Rodentia: The Best of Dark Roots Music [2008/2010]
    Rodentagogue: The Best of Dark Roots Music Volume II [2010]
    Rodenticide: The Best of Dark Roots Music Volume III [2010]
    Rodentum: The Best of Dark Roots Music Volume IV [2010]**

@siw03kse:

Undoubtedly the biggest assembly of dark roots artists on one album; Rodentia: The Best of Dark Roots Music features 34 Tracks on two discs featuring the best dark roots music the world has to offer. Established mainstays in the genre such as O'death, Reverend Glasseye, Those Poor Bastards, Botanica, and Walter Sickert & the Army of Broken Toys can all be found alongside emerging artists such as Uncle Sinner and Oldboy. Carefully arranged for the listener to explore the variety of music contained inside, Rodentia is intended a marathon two hour listening session to explore the world of dark roots music.

Disc: 1
    1. Damnnation Way (Strawfoot)
    2. Careful with that shovel, Slim! (Herman Gauche)
    3. Something Wicked (Black River Brethren)
    4. Adelita (O'death)
    5. Evil Donkey (The Monads)
    6. Blood O'Lambs (Reverend Glasseye)
    7. All of Her Kin (Christian Williams)
    8. Gates of Heaven (The Dad Horse Experience)
    9. When Jesus Comes (Uncle Sinner)
    10. Silverfish (before you die…)
    11. Her Ghost (Tom Baxendale)
    12. Wolf Age: Axe Age (Death's Head Hearth)
    13. The Serpent King (Jeff Zentner)
    14. The Lash (Pinebox Serenade)
    15. Plague of Frogs (Creech Holler)
    16. Endless Plains of Delirious Lands (Hank Ray)
    17. Blood & Muskets (Muleskinner Jones)
    18. Happy Wanderer (Chad Parks and the Near Death Experience)
    19. How (Botanica)
    20. Tales of the Barroom Battle (Warren Jackson Hearne and the Merrie Murdre of Gloomadeers)
    21. No more Room (The Scarring Party)

Disc: 2
    1. Graveyard Polka (Damn Laser Vampires)
    2. Dark Horse (Tarantella)
    3. Red Grass, Black Pasture (Antic Clay)
    4. The Ballerina's Twirl (Lonesome Wyatt & the Holy Spooks)
    5. Psalm of Nod (Sons of Perdition w/ Lonesome Wyatt & Dad Horse Ottn)
    6. Death (Oldboy)
    7. The Visit (Sleepy Eyes Nelson)
    8. Dead Before You Died (Reverend Elvis and the Undead Syncopators)
    9. Too Far Gone (Ghostwitch)
    10. Devil is on His Way (Joe Buck Yourself)
    11. Just as Soon as I Wound This Man (Slackeye Slim)
    12. A Curse (Those Poor Bastards)
    13. Bone Slag (Walter Sickert and the Army of Broken Toys)

Just in time for the end of the gloomy season, the folks at Devil’s Ruin Records are preparing to release their continuation of the Dark Roots Music compilation series, with not one but three more volumes: II. Rodentagogue, III. Rodenticide, and IV. Rodentum. Though the new additions aren’t quite as extensive as their predecessor, Rodentia: The Best of Dark Roots Music, the two-disc release that spawned the series, the content is equally impressive. Then again, while each of the new releases are home to between fourteen and eighteen tracks, Rodentia featured thirty-four songs by thirty-four of today’s finest roots bands and singer/songwriters, such as Strawfoot, O’Death, Black River Brethren, Reverend Glasseye, The Dad Horse Experience, Uncle Sinner, and Those Poor Bastards. The three new volumes, however, feature a number of different artists, some on Devil’s Ruin Records, some not.

On Rodentagogue, Volume II, you will hear songs from the likes of JB Nelson, Munly & The Lupercalians, and The Sad Bastard Book Club. On Volume II, Rodenticide, you will hear songs by Black Jake & The Carnies, The Resurrectionists, Sean K. Preston, The .357 String Band, and Rainer Hass. And on Rodentum, Volume IV, you will hear songs by Dimestore Troubadours, Murder by Death, Pete Yorko, Muzza Monroe & The Lushous Strings, and JB Nelson & The Chainsaws. These are some of the most well compiled volumes of roots music I have ever encountered, with some of the best gothic americana, gypsy, insugent country, bluegrass, hillbilly troubadour, blues trash, and neo-folk bands and singer/songwriters to be found in modern underground music.

Each of the new volumes features magnificent artwork, all of it unquestionably befitting of a dark roots series, with angels and demons, holy experiences and biblical depictions, as well as rustic imagery and an assortment of other visual oddities. Huseyin Ozkan, a rather young artist from Turkey, provided the artwork for Rodenticide. Gromyko Semper, a Filipino surrealist, did the Rodentagogue art. And Eddie Obituary contributed all of the other pieces to the volumes.

Rodentia (ro′den·cha) --
    The mammalian order consisting of the rodents, often known as the gnawing mammals. This is the most diverse group of mammals in the world, consisting of over 2,000 species, more than 40% of the known species of mammals on Earth today.

Truth be told, I can only speculate on why this series of compilations stems from the term rodentia. What I have come up with is that many people no doubt associate rodents with subterranean species of vermin, such as the huge rats that scurry about the New York City subway tunnels, the sightless moles they sometimes find dead in the corners of their basements, the small mice that nest in their walls, and so forth. Just like the bands and singer/songwriters on these dark roots compilations, rodents tend to exist underground as well. Hence the association is made. Perhaps I am way off base. Then again, maybe not. Either way, the titles of these albums have caused this question to incessantly nudge at the gray matter of my mind, and thus I was compelled to speculate. Of course I could have probably asked Devil’s Ruin Records about it. But sometimes our own interpretations serve us well, are more fun, or at least keep us thinking.

When I wrote the review on the first volume, Rodentia, I was writing with the whole thing still fresh in my head…or should I say in my ears. Upon my first listen to it, the only way I could describe it was by saying, "…and I realized I was holding my breath between songs, like a child going past a graveyard in the backseat of his parents’ car." It was true, too. I did feel that way. And I feel that way still.

Also in my first article on this subject, I couldn’t help but go over the description of the compilation’s content in terms of mental images, feelings, and strange goings-on, like the never-ending struggle between good and evil, between god and the devil. It reminded me of bedside prayers, nightmares that feel too real, revival tent gospel shows, snake-handling preachers, and congregations speaking in tongues and flopping about on the ground. Also…carnies, campfires, taxidermy, shotguns, antique machinery, bibles with well-worn covers, tales of madness, and ghost stories. And…the skeletal remains of abandoned vehicles rusting in the tangled weeds and tall grass of a ramshackle property, snowflakes falling from an ash-gray sky, carrion birds circling an unseen carcass somewhere in the wilds, churches with apocalyptic signs, salvation and damnation, watching phantom clouds of breath rise from one’s mouth in the chilly dusk, funerals, freshly dug graves, old six-shooter pistols, dirt roads, and old cigar boxes filled with black and white photographs. All of those things, and more.

Some of the songs on these volumes have slight attachments to the modern world, each with its own place in the world of cities. But most of the songs come from the half forgotten places, the places without streetlamps burning through the night, places that still have dirt roads and a fair degree of mystery and strangeness. These are rural songs…songs from the backwoods, the swamps, the mountains, the country, the hills and hollows...from the desert wastelands of the dusty West, the sweaty humidity of the insect-bitten South, the frozen grounds of the rocky North, and the seemingly never-ending pine barrens of the gloomy East. Indeed, these are the secret places through which one can hear the fiddles, mandolins, and harmonicas, the acoustic guitars, banjos, and dobros, the jugs, jaw harps, and washboards.

If rock’n’roll is the Devil’s music, I can’t even imagine the deity that presides over dark roots music.

So get ready, because something wicked this way comes…again!

Rodentagogue: The Best of Dark Roots Music Volume II

1JB Nelson – The Dead Walk the Streets
    2. Munly & the Lupercalians – Grandfather
    3. Jim Strange – Man with No Name
    4. The Broadsides – Billy Bible and the Beast Boy
    5. Myssouri – Devil on My Shoulder
    6. Palodine – Revelations
    7. The Blackthorns – Red Ships
    8. Euclid – Carthage
    9. Woodcat – Sithe
    10. Bruteheart – Demons
    11. Painted Saints – Tinder
    12. The Sad Bastard Book Club – Playing Dead to be Invited to the Vulture Dinner Party
    13. The Mountain Apple Epidemic – Ears to the Snake
    14. The Nichols Family Gospel Hour – The Foes of the Righteous Will Be Condemned

Rodenticide: The Best of Dark Roots Music Volume III

1. The Knotwells – Preacher Man
    2. Hells Fire Sinners – Damn Our Souls
    3. Black Jake & the Carnies – Bone Man
    4. Pushin’ Rope – Devil’s Son
    5. Liquorbox – Devil Came a Knockin’
    6. Los Duggans – Heaven Bound
    7. The Resurrectionists – The Dirty Third
    8. Chokecherry – Pig’s Eye Parrant
    9. Nathan Wade & the Dark Pioneers – Gotta Get Right
    10. Sean K. Preston – Satan
    11. The Crow & the Deadly Nightshade- The Power of Sixteen Horses
    12. The Wildcard Family Revival – Simple Sin
    13. The Agnostic Mountain Gospel Choir – One Sin
    14. Joel Kaiser & the Devil’s Own – He’s Comin’, He’s Callin’
    15. Black Eyed Vermillion – Helping Hands
    16. Highlonesome – Hellbent
    17. The .357 Sting Band – Holy Water
    18. Rainer Hass – Death

Rodentum: The Best of Dark Roots Music Volume IV

1. Dimestore Troubadours – Dark Rooms
    2. Murder by Death – Dead Men and Sinners
    3. The Bourbon Knights – The Moon is Crying
    4. Harlequin Jones – Worried Ugly
    5. A Slow Death & Loneliness – It’s Always Worse
    6. iN HeLL – Magic Potions
    7. Reverend Deadeye – Snakebite
    8. Pete Yorko – Sell My Soul
    9. Phantom of the Black Hills – Roses on a Grave
    10. Muzza Monroe & the Lushous Strings – Unravelling of the Sins
    11. Strawman – Red Moon Rising
    12. Red Clay River – Rattlesnake Mountain
    13. Warren Jackson Hearne – God Will Strike Me Down
    14. Slim Wild Boar – Perfect Dead Body
    15. JB Nelson & the Chainsaws – The Stranger
    16. Izzy Cox – Devil, Devil
    17. Hank Pine & Lily Fawn – Lucifer
    18. Herr Broken – Drenched to the Bones

http://hotfile.com/dl/68070410/566f7c2/V.A._-_Rodentia_I_-_IV_K.rar.html

• el de superchunk rula ya a buena calité?

• Una duda:

A alguien más le pasa últimamente que descarga los ficheros incompletos (me acaba de pasar con el recopilatorio este de Rodentia) pero se pueden descomprimir? Me explico: De toda la vida cuando no te bajas un fichero comprimido que no está completado no lo puedes descomprimir, pero estos últimos días los ficheros se me descomprimen correctamente pero faltan canciones. Me pasó ayer lo mismo con el de Edwyn Collins.

• yuju gracias

yo siempre he podido descomprimir carpetas a las que luego veo que igual le falta algún tema, pero me sale aviso de que ha habido un error al descomprimir.

yo me voy a poner ahora con el de Rodentia, ya he degollado a la gallina y tengo la ouija en el sofa.

• @tethor:3rucvsez:

Una duda:

A alguien más le pasa últimamente que descarga los ficheros incompletos (me acaba de pasar con el recopilatorio este de Rodentia) pero se pueden descomprimir? Me explico: De toda la vida cuando no te bajas un fichero comprimido que no está completado no lo puedes descomprimir, pero estos últimos días los ficheros se me descomprimen correctamente pero faltan canciones. Me pasó ayer lo mismo con el de Edwyn Collins.

Yo no podía tampoco y lo he probado una segunda vez, descargándolo de nuevo y ya me funciona de maravilla.

• Gracias por el de Grinderman, a quien lo puso originalmente y al amigo de pecho descubierto.

-G.

• @mnislaih:1n8m2xvu:

I Was A King – Old Friends (2010)

**@1n8m2xvu:

guitar pop, Indiepop, psych

**```
    http://www.mediafire.com/?l0m3twjv9d8a5qa

- Precioso disco de pop melódico. Muy recomendable.

gracias por la recomendación!

• coño The Zephirs, que exquisita era stargazing, todavía me acuerdo

• que sorpresa ver un nuevo album de the zephyrs (no zephirs)

recuerdo que estos escoceses estaban en el sello acuarela y tocaron en el 2ª (para casi todo el mundo primer) primavera sound y abrieron, sorprendentemente, un año el escenario verde en el fib, donde porsupuesto casi nadie les hizo ni puto caso

• @bme:2d603wkx:

que sorpresa ver un nuevo album de the zephyrs (no zephirs)

recuerdo que estos escoceses estaban en el sello acuarela y tocaron en el 2ª (para casi todo el mundo primer) primavera sound y abrieron, sorprendentemente, un año el escenario verde en el fib, donde porsupuesto casi nadie les hizo ni puto caso

yo estaba en este concierto del FIB y es una de las bandas que más ganas tenía de esta edición.
    Cuando tocarón Stargazing que es uno de mis temas favoritos, me puse a llorar…

• es Stargazer. Lo siento, la primera vez lo he dejado pasar, pero la segunda ya me parecía excesivo.

Y sí, era un temazo. Yo creo que los vi en ese Primavera, pero vete tú a saber, cualquiera lo recuerda. ¿Alguien tiene el excel de horarios de esa edición?

• para el de grinderman hay que estar rápido, cojones…