Primavera Sound 2014

• NEUTRAL MILK HOTEL, FIRST BAND CONFIRMED FOR PRIMAVERA SOUND BARCELONA 2014

The first band that will play at the next edition Primavera Sound in Barcelona has been announced. Neutral Milk Hotel, fronted by Jeff Mangum and authors of one of the key records of the 90s, the sublime "In the Aeroplane over the Sea", will be in Barcelona in the last week of May 2014.

• NEUTRAL MILK HOTEL, FIRST BAND CONFIRMED FOR PRIMAVERA SOUND BARCELONA 2014

The first band that will play at the next edition Primavera Sound in Barcelona has been announced. Neutral Milk Hotel, fronted by Jeff Mangum and authors of one of the key records of the 90s, the sublime "In the Aeroplane over the Sea", will be in Barcelona in the last week of May 2014.

• When will be getting next batch of announcements? Anyone?

@Primavera:

NEUTRAL MILK HOTEL, FIRST BAND CONFIRMED FOR PRIMAVERA SOUND BARCELONA 2014

• @Saukkis:6xgvjx2o:

When will be getting next batch of announcements? Anyone?

@Primavera:

We´ll probably have to wait until the press-conference in february. I suppose…

• @Immaterial:16q82pd2:

@Saukkis:16q82pd2:

When will be getting next batch of announcements? Anyone?

@Primavera:

We´ll probably have to wait until the press-conference in february. I suppose…

Oh really, that's unusual for Primavera.

• Usually, one or several headliners are announced in October/November. Last year, Blur was announced in October. For 2012 edition, some names (Bjork among them) were announced in November 2011. For 2011 edition, Pulp was announced in November 2010. In 2010, I remember that Pixies and Pavement were announced in fall 2009 too.

We just have to be patient though (Arcade Fire has not yet given the details of their next world tour…)

• Great to have an English language forum up again
    Does anyone here know what is the capacity of primavera?

• @thedestroyer:hvhl9v84:

Great to have an English language forum up again

I think it is 40.000

• It is very likely that The Notwist will be playing! http://www.notwist.com/

Mogwai are also touring Europe In February and March. Let's hope they will still be available two months later...

• @Immaterial:1n40qqgu:

@thedestroyer:1n40qqgu:

I think it is 40.000

I think it is 50.000

• @Totoro:2ixa00ni:

@Immaterial:2ixa00ni:

@thedestroyer:2ixa00ni:

I think it is 40.000

I think it is 50.000

You´re probably right about that. And this year, 60.000, and one more expansion of the area…?

• Porra PS 2014 has started, so if you want to take part in the game, please follow these instructions (Guilen @ the Spanish part of the board):

@1z0tkenk:

The prize is the usual: 2 vip festival tickets + 3 nights hotel by The Forum + meals and expenses

• Bets are secret and you can submit yours until November 11th at 00:01 GMT+1, which is the deadline.

• The bet will consist of 20 bands/artists.

• You can't use any of the names from the PS vs Foro thread *, plus Dr. John, Neutral Milk Hotel and Dj Coco.

• Submit your bets in alphabetical order: The -BAND NAME- not -BAND NAME-,The.

• You can't submit a bet if you registered after October 18th, date in which this thread was created.

• Multiple nicks/aliases are invalid. Anyone caught, which is pretty lame by the way, will see their bet cancelled.

• The winner will be chosen right after the full line-up is revealed at the gala/party/event that PS will organise. If two or more people happen to have the same amount of correct answers, the winner will be the one that submitted the earliest bet.

• This is the e-mail for sending your bets: porraps2014@gmail.com (Pruebamúsicos is the one who manages the email account)

From Monday 11th November at 00:02 GMT+1 you can post your bets on that thread yourselves.

• You can see other artists excluded from the voting here (post from Sep 27, 2013 5:56 pm).

• YESYES. so happy i like Reflektor so much, i think this will get one of my most favourite albums ever (especially the second half) and listening to Afterlife will be one of the best Primaveramoments ever (as was listening to Sunskrupt this may).

Now hoping for MGMT to play. before Arcade Fire to the sunset... Good time for wishes..

• i take part in the game: which bands are excluded, i haven't found them: Dr. John, DJ Coco, Neutral Milk Hotel, Arcade Fire. Others?

@d85rurhs:

Resultados de las votaciones

1. POND - 13
    2. LA SERA - 10'5
    3. ARTHUR VEROCAI - 10
      THE TWILIGHT SAD - 10
    4. BOHREN UND DER CLUB OF GORE - 9'75
    5. FÖLLAKZOID - 8'25
    6. TOM TOM CLUB - 7'75
      8 ) CAMERA - 7'25
    7. NUDOZURDO - 7
    8. EMERGE - 6'75
      –----------------
    9. Lole y Manuel - 6
    10. Moon Ate The Dark - 5'75
      Janka Nabay & The Bubu Gang - 5'75
      Triomphe - 5'75
    11. James Yuill - 5
    12. Girl Sweat - 4'5
    13. Colleen - 4
    14. Angel Olsen - 4
      James - 4
      Jenny Hval - 4
      Pulled Apart By Horses - 4
    15. Ninos du Brasil - 3'75
      Roots Mantuva - 3'75
    16. Say Hi (Say Hi To Your Mom) - 3
    17. Flotation Toy Warning - 3
    18. Gogol Bordello - 2
      Lapland - 2
      Postiljonen - 2
      Silje Nes - 2
      Silva - 2
    19. Skinny Dream -2
      Touché Amoré - 2
    20. Ensemble Pearl - 1'75
      Raisa K - 1'75
    21. Black Marble - 1
      Buffalo - 1
      Heavenly Beat - 1
      Hildur Guanodóttir - 1

• can you please explain, what does that mean, f.e. JAMES -4 ? votes? or are they likely to attend?…

• @branvan:3rrrq5n2:

can you please explain, what does that mean, f.e. JAMES -4 ? votes? or are they likely to attend?…

Those are the results of the September poll. Not so sure if those are points or "coefficients", but it doesn't matter. What matters is that you can not include these names when entering contest (it doesn't mean that those will play PS2014).

• @1dzbe1as:

• You can't use any of the names from the PS vs Foro thread *, plus Dr. John, Neutral Milk Hotel and Dj Coco.

so i guess dr. john is going to play next year?

• Yes, it's not official, but it 'leaked' after the meeting of organisers during which the representative of message board was present.