Primavera Sound 2014

• aaaand 6/6?

• @alistair:29zncq6v:

Unfortunately I don't arrive until Tuesday (though leave tomorrow!), Paus/Shellac on Wednesday will be my first Primavera-thing of this year. Can't wait too.

Have a safe trip alistair!
    I'd like to make it to Shellac on Wed as well, but I also want to see Sky Ferreira (not exactly very close…!) and I don't know if I even stand a chance getting into the venue so we'll see...

• Headlines
    2011 - PJ harvey
    2012 - Björk
    2013 - Blur
    2014 - Pizza Underground ?!?!?!?

• @Lynne77:31v59m24:

@alistair:31v59m24:

Unfortunately I don't arrive until Tuesday (though leave tomorrow!), Paus/Shellac on Wednesday will be my first Primavera-thing of this year. Can't wait too.

Have a safe trip alistair!
    I'd like to make it to Shellac on Wed as well, but I also want to see Sky Ferreira (not exactly very close…!) and I don't know if I even stand a chance getting into the venue so we'll see...

Yeah, opposite side of the city unfortunately - I can't miss Paus though, pure enjoyment. Thanks for the safe journey though, hopefully I won't fall asleep and miss the train before the flight. I'll be the one at the festival with the happy mustache.

• we fly tonight, sooo:

is the timetable fixed? no one playing at the julie ruin slot?

weather forecast isn't this good, hm?

beers in vip-zone still 1EURO, correct?

• Doesn't look like anyone has filled the Julie Ruin slot which is a shame. Hardly any bands I want to see ever play the Ray Ban stage which is a pity cos it's the best stage.

Disappointed to see that Jenny Lewis has cancelled so late in the day although I'd have been running off to catch Speedy Ortiz before she finished her set anyway.

Weather forecast doesn't look great. Every year I spend forever staring at weather forecasts and they're never good. I'm sure it'll be just fine. As long as it's warmer than last year I'll be happy.

One question - I notice PS have announced that Girl Band are now opening the Hidden Stage at 6pm on Thursday and there's no reservation tickets needed. Does anyone know if this gig is a replacement of their slot on Vice Stage at 7:25 or if they're now playing twice in a very short space of time??

• Got my own question answered on Facebook. Girl Band are indeed playing twice on Thursday. That's a relief, a change would have been havoc for my timetable!

Unusually for me i'm not flying into Barcelona until Thursday morning so it'll be straight to the hotel and straight back out to the festival to get the party started. Really excited and just want to get going now.

Hope all you forum users have a brilliant festival and get to see everyone you want to.

I hope I can last the pace until Saturday night so I can dance my socks off to Helen Love whilst everyone else is watching Mogwai and NIN.

• any news regarding rescheduling after the cancelled gigs of the julie ruin, linda perhacs and jenny lewis? or are there no changes at all?

• Just stocked on a couple of basics

• @weekendwarrior:20uh6e2w:

any news regarding rescheduling after the cancelled gigs of the julie ruin, linda perhacs and jenny lewis? or are there no changes at all?

I hope the organisers surprise us with someone to fill at least one of their slots, as they did last year with Deerhunter when Band of Horses were stuck in the US for the tornadoes.

Maybe they'll announce that via the APP? If anyone gets to know and can post, that would be great.

oldman:

–Doesn't look like anyone has filled the Julie Ruin slot which is a shame. Hardly any bands I want to see ever play the Ray Ban stage which is a pity cos it's the best stage.

I agree, let's hope for some good news, the Ray Ban stage is absolutely the best one at the festival area - sound, visibility, comfort. Then maybe VICE.

--Disappointed to see that Jenny Lewis has cancelled so late in the day although I'd have been running off to catch Speedy Ortiz before she finished her set anyway.

me too! at least for me that's a relief though, since I probably wouldn't have been able to make it in time (work!). But logistic reasons?... who knows what that means.

--Weather forecast doesn't look great. Every year I spend forever staring at weather forecasts and they're never good. I'm sure it'll be just fine. As long as it's warmer than last year I'll be happy.

I hope the weather gods hear you. Whatever it is, I'll be more than happy to accept cold if there's no rain. But hey, they're the ones who decide, we're just their slaves, we'll do what we have to do!

Thanks for keeping us updated about Girl Band, btw!

• Cold Cave, Joana Serrat, Grouper. Wow.

• Who was that great female guest vocalist for New Dawn Fades + 1 at the Peter Hook concert?? My guess is Grouper but I´m not sure at all… Anyone?

• @Immaterial:347fkxdq:

Who was that great female guest vocalist for New Dawn Fades + 1 at the Peter Hook concert?? My guess is Grouper but I´m not sure at all… Anyone?

Rowetta?

https://www.facebook.com/rowetta

• @Lynne77:1nhg2jng:

@Immaterial:1nhg2jng:

Who was that great female guest vocalist for New Dawn Fades + 1 at the Peter Hook concert?? My guess is Grouper but I´m not sure at all… Anyone?

Rowetta?

https://www.facebook.com/rowetta

Yes, you´re right. Thanks.

• Who supported BJM on Thursday night then?

• well, primavera, what can i say, i still love you.

let's start with the things i didn't like: obviously the tiles at ray-ban are fucked up. but as far as i can understand it, the city council is the one to blame, and i'm sure the primavera guys are doing all they can to convince the council.
    still not happy about the beer prices (and some friends told me that the mobile beer caterer promoted 1 liter beer, but the reality was only 0.75 cups…)
    the rain during drive-by truckers...
    the bar system worked perfectly on thursday/friday, like no queues. but on saturday everything took a real long time. don't know the reason. maybe more people stayed around the "old" area on saturday or it was cause everyone suddenly paid with their credit cards.
    i know it sounds stupid, cause of all the brilliant shows i've seen this year, i just wish for more bands like girl band or boogarins on the line-up. just smaller acts like shimmering stars, big ups, white lung, together pangea.... but i guess theres no right stage for that kind of acts.

and that's it. i think the solution with the two main stages in mordor worked fine! on one hand the area looked better then in the previous years and on the other hand, the old aera seemed less crowded for the most part (except after three o'clock. the crowd at jamie xx was massive, i think i never saw so many people at the rayban, but thats fine with me).

had no problem to get into the barts (on wednesday) and the apolo (on sunday). and the security also seemed to be less aggressive than in previous years.

this leaves us to the shows, and what a great year it was for the music.

starting with four awesome shows at the barts, but especially the ex and shellac killed it.

girl band were just unbelievable great, loud, rhytmic and fun. thanks for that! chrome for me was the biggest surprise of the festival, brutal. bo ningen as awesome as expected. charles bradley had me on my knees, nearly crying. WOW! the energy, the voice (sadly only catched the last two song of touchè amore cause of the overlap...).

friday started with a great set by la sera, front row in park. the technical problems at the start of war on drugs were a pain, but the show was absolutely worth the wait. kvelertak was pure energy, the fuckin owl on the singers head, the flying guitars, the never ending riffs.

cloud nothings was pure fun, screaming and jumping arpund. i have no words for ty segall (except, hey, why didn't mikal got a solo slot?) and dj coco this year was way more fun than last year, thanks to a longer set (even tough i'd still could do with less remixes and more originals, like back at the old atp...).
    by the way, anybody knows where the hell the dj coco-masks came from? didn't look like they were an offical thing.

that leaves me the second set by ty segall. and even though it's almost impossible, the second set was even better than the first one. this guy just owns such a strong body of music, and he totally can use it. the crowd was awesome too, lots of fun. how often was the guy from speedy ortiz jumping from the stage? i lost track...

i just recounted the most brilliant sets, lots of other fine shows (television, deafheaven, boogarins...) during the whole week.

thanks primavera, see you next year!

• great festival, again!
    neutral milk hotel were fantastic.
    other highlights: arcade fire, julian cope, the twilight sad, saturday's atp-stage line-up…

i really did not like the vip-situation in front of the two main-stages: too much room for vips and the rest of the audience had to struggle to get to the front. i think, festivals should unite people and not separate them!

• It was great, at last, to have a wine bar. Hope this is established now and that the bar will be there forthcoming years