Piel de gallina (CINE)

• ¡Joderrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr! ¡Ayer la volví a ver por millonésima vez!

Me encanta la escenita con Hoffman… ¿Es usted el señor Dega? Si, si. Y éste es mi amigo... La carita que pone McQueen, es todo un poema...¡Cullons! ¡Qué bona!

• @korkobado:3qtajjqz:

Pues yo llegué a casa y me puse a darle a la zambomba antes de irme a dormir, claro que no sé si a eso le podemos llamar "tener relaciones sexuales".

Korkobado, sé que te lo han dicho antes, pero eres el puto amo y lo sabes.

• El amigo Jackster me ha hecho recordar al maestro.

Que pena que no haya encontrado imágenes de la escena del saloon cuando en My Darling Clementine hacen recitar a uno a Shakespeare, momento sublime. En cambio traigo aqui otra imagen de esa película uno de sus típicos de diálogos con tumba.

• De rodillas. Un gran shakesperiano, Orson Welles, interpretando al gran Falstaff. Esta peli lo tiene todo: humor, grandes personajes, una trama rica y quilates de clase.

Monstruo oriental: Kurosawa. A éste también le dió por Shakespeare. SU versión del Rey Lear absolutamente faraónica y ambientada en el Japón de los samurais. Borrachera de planos generales, silencios y metraje.

Alguien ha visto Trono de Sangre? Versión de McBeth?

• @gRR!!:32f9xscx:

Korkobado, sé que te lo han dicho antes, pero eres el puto amo y lo sabes.

¡Joer! Veo que entre degenerados nos entendemos bien. Tan bien como mal con las nenas, porque hay que ver cómo huyen en manada ante la presencia de mi palote. Si alguna quiere quedar en Nochebuena conmigo tengo preparado un plan de lo más romanticote.

@La_Ignorante:32f9xscx:

¡Joderrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr! ¡Ayer la volví a ver por millonésima vez!

Me encanta la escenita con Hoffman… ¿Es usted el señor Dega? Si, si. Y éste es mi amigo... La carita que pone McQueen, es todo un poema...¡Cullons! ¡Qué bona!

Oooh, qué finura. Y qué sufrimiento…

¡¡¡Hey you, bastards, I'm still here!!!

• …perdón si ahora os causo un coitus interrumptus con mi post ... aunque tratàndose del tema geishas no creo yo que os destrempéis demasiado

..bueno,pués eso ...especial "memories of a geisha"

...primero link de la web :arrow: clica

luego…entrevista con la protagonista (Sorry it´s in english and I´m to lazy to translate)

**interview with a geisha

By Michael Tsai

Ziyi Zhang's training for her role in "Memoirs of a Geisha" involved lessons in dance, musical instruments, tea service and even speech.

It can take a real-life geisha a decade of intensive training to master the artistic skills and intricate social protocols required of the centuries-old profession.

Ziyi Zhang and her co-stars in the new film "Memoirs of a Geisha," were given just a few months.

"We called it 'Geisha Boot Camp,' " Zhang said. "We were taught how to dance, how to play musical instruments, give tea service, and even how to talk."

The film, which has earned Zhang a Golden Globe nomination for best actress, opens in Hawai'i on Friday.

Zhang, 26, best known for her roles in "Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon," and "House of Flying Daggers," plays Sayuri, a country girl sold to a geisha house by her family.

In the story, Sayuri's prospects are initially sabotaged by a jealous geisha (Gong Li), but a simple act of kindness restores her spirit and inspires her rise as the greatest geisha of her time.

The film also stars Michelle Yeoh as Sayuri's mentor, Mameha, and Japanese actor Ken Watanabe as the kindly Chairman.

Zhang, who was born in Beijing, said her transformation into a screen-credible geisha was eased by her experiences studying dance for six years at the prestigious Beijing Dance Academy.

"Every day we would practice for hours, from early in the morning through evening. It was very similar to our Geisha boot camp," she said.

"My dance training definitely helped during my dance scenes in the movie. But even with my background, the solo dance was still difficult, because I had to dance in 12-inch platform shoes! And that dance also involved a high degree of acting. I was playing a character within a character. That was new for me."

While Zhang was learning how to act like a Japanese geisha, she also struggled to speak not just English, but English with a Japanese accent. She conducted this interview with The Advertiser via e-mail, as she is still working on her English.

Zhang said legendary Chinese director Zhang Yimou once told her it would be impossible to act in a second language, because the language barrier prevents actors from deeply understanding the character. She took that as a challenge: "What he said has always stuck in my mind and pushed me to prove that you can play a character well, even if it is in your second language."

Working on an American set — a Los Angeles soundstage doubled for the film's Japanese hanamachi (geisha district) — with an American director and a Chinese, Japanese and American cast was an eye-opening experience for Zhang.

"The biggest difference is that working in Hollywood, you have weekends off," Zhang said. "In China, we worked 24/7. When we were making 'Crouching Tiger,' we worked six months straight, no days off. And we have trailers and snacks in Hollywood — nothing like that in China.

"But no matter where a movie is made, the passion is always there," she said. "Everyone is professional and everyone does their best."

Zhang said she was happy to be reunited with Yeoh, her "Crouching Tiger" co-star, whom Zhang considers "a big sister." She also embraced the opportunity to work with Li, whose string of Zhang Yimou-produced films paved the way for nonmartial-arts Chinese cinema in the West more than a decade ago.

Watanabe, who earned an Oscar nomination for his work in "The Last Samurai," took it upon himself to work with the Chinese actresses on language and culture issues, Zhang said.

"Ken is such a gentleman," she said. "He's very much like a samurai."

Zhang also enjoyed working with Japanese actresses Kaori Momoi ("so funny and expressive") and Youki Kudoh.

"Youki is wonderful," Zhang said. "She would come to the set in her kimono with her dog and we had a great time together."

Holding it all together was director Rob Marshall ("Chicago"), whom Zhang calls "a genius."

"He had a very clear vision for what he wanted to do and he just stuck with it," she said. "He was so patient and always encouraged us. … I could always understand him in spite of the language barrier. I hope people realize how hard his job was. He had to direct so many actors who spoke different languages. Only someone with a focused vision can do what he did."

While "Memoirs" has been criticized in Japan for perpetuating a Western misconception of geisha as prostitutes, the film, based on the best-selling novel by Japan scholar Arthur Golden, does put the sexual aspect of the profession within the context of specific traditions and arrangements.

Zhang said she had several conversations with Marshall about a controversial scene in the film and the book in which her character is attacked by the Baron (Cary-Hiroyuki Tagawa), the danna (patron) of her mentor, Mameha.

"Sayuri keeps her emotions bottled up inside, so I don't think she should cry during this scene, even though most people would have," Zhang said. "When the Baron is undressing her, she holds her tears inside instead of shedding them. I think that made the scene more compelling. You feel for Sayuri more because she couldn't cry out.

"The day we filmed that scene, I was shaking the whole time," she said. "All the muscles in my body were shaking. I felt so emotional, so helpless."

With the Golden Globe nomination in hand and an Oscar nomination a strong possibility, Zhang seems poised for crossover into the mainstream American consciousness, transcending the martial arts roles that have so far defined her career.

She hopes she isn't alone.

"I hope this film shows audiences that Asian actors can do more than just action movies," she said. "I hope it gives us a chance to play more roles in Hollywood."**

…estoy totalmente de acuerdo que deve ser súper difícil moverse así con zapatos de plataforma

(los de las Spice Girls eran más bajos)

..y ahora entrevista con el prota :

**Cary-Hiroyuki Tagawa plays The Baron in "Memoirs of a Geisha."

You'll forgive Cary-Hiroyuki Tagawa if he thinks he's died and gone to heaven. Showing up at work and finding Gong Li — not to mention Ziyi Zhang and Michelle Yeoh — will do that to you, for one thing. But it's a career spent bucking Hollywood's prevailing attitudes toward Asian actors, not some beer ad fantasy, that informs this particular feeling of transcendence.

Nearly 20 years since he acted in "The Last Emperor," a film that once seemed destined to change the fortunes of Asian and Asian-American actors in Hollywood, Tagawa sees a rare and unexpected second chance to get it all right in the new Rob Marshall film "Memoirs of a Geisha."

Tagawa, who makes his home in Honolulu, was fresh from the film's premiere in Los Angeles when he spoke to The Advertiser about the impact "Geisha" could have in Hollywood.

"Hollywood is the toughest crowd, but it's going over so big here," he said. "They're very emotional about it because they know how much junk comes out of this place."

The notoriously outspoken Tagawa is mindful of the reservations Asians (particularly the Japanese) and Asian-Americans have about a geisha film based on a novel by an American author, directed by an American, filmed in Los Angeles and cast with three Chinese actresses.

"There are some technical things about the culture that might not be totally correct, but anything produced outside of Japan is going to be interpretive," Tagawa said. "It's Hollywood's interpretation of geisha culture, but it's powerful and it's inspirational. It's produced a lot of strong, emotional responses, especially in women.

"Western women have a very strong sense of who they are," he said. "This film offers a different take on feminine beauty and power, and it moves people because of that."

The film follows the life of Sayuri, a young girl who is sold to a geisha house and eventually becomes the leading geisha of her time. Tagawa plays the supporting role of The Baron, the rich danna, or patron, of Sayuri's mentor, Mameha (Yeoh).

In the novel, The Baron is portrayed as a weak-willed alcoholic who lusts after the teenage Sayuri. In the film, Tagawa makes the character more formidable, with an air of both social privilege and personal charisma.

Arthur Golden, who wrote the original novel on which the film is based, said the shift was significant. "In the film, (The Baron) is much stronger. He's a self-confident, big guy."

For Tagawa, who has always embraced roles that demonstrate the vitality and virility of Asian characters, good or evil, the new characterization of The Baron was consistent with the energy of the film. It also helped bring into focus the principal male character, The Chairman (Ken Watanabe), whose strength is rooted in a kind, humble nature.

Tagawa said he is gratified by the expanded opportunities for Asian actors that Watanabe's recent success represents.

"I'm happy for him," Tagawa said. "I think he's going to be the go-to guy (among Asian actors) from here on."

It's a bittersweet compliment for Tagawa, who has spent the past 20 years accepting a wide variety of Asian-specific roles and struggling against Hollywood stereotypes and prejudices.

"I'm sentimental lately," he said. "It's sad, the way Asian strength has always been portrayed as evil or bad. Ken is coming into a time when that kind of strength can now be seen as positive. That was what I had always hoped for, and it's a dream for me to watch these actors take advantage of that."

Tagawa was born in Japan and raised in the American South, where he found that the best way to address racism wasn't to retreat, but to advance with conviction. It's an attitude that didn't always serve him well in Hollywood, but one that has helped him continue his career on his own terms.

As always, Tagawa's observations on the state of the film industry are strongly linked to his expansive world view. He sees in the undertapped Asian and Asian-American film markets an opportunity for Asian actors and filmmakers to assert their leadership. And he reads in the unique, supportive environment of the "Geisha" production a moral lesson for which the West is "thirsting."

"There were no egos," he said. "That's unheard of in Hollywood. Everybody was so focused and the vibe was so supportive. It was a unique situation that may never happen again. It's like old-school Hawai'i, where it was always about supporting each other. This reminded me that it all comes from the roots, the culture that we come from. It's all just under the surface."**

..link para bajar-se la OST http://www.megaupload.com/?d=F6UYSFTO

..paródia de la peli por Mad-Tv http://www.youtube.com/watch.php?v=_AQv ... h=mad%20tv

...bueno..y ahora a esperar que la estrenen (si no lo han echo ya que no me ha dado tiempo de mirar la cartelera )

• Me ha gustado Europa del colega Von Trier.

Aunque he de reconocer que el rollo hipnótico que se trae el hilo narrativo es algo pedante, la película te mete en un auténtico delirio, una pesadilla postbélica, en la que nada parece tener sentido, todo está abrazado por la absurdidad, los espacios físicos se entremezclan y uno pierde la noción del lugar en el que está y el momento en que vive. La verdad es que crea un ambiente muy logrado, en el que te sientes un extranjero todo el tiempo, donde todo es sombrío. Una angustia, asfixia y desconcierto en una paranoia constante.

Visualmente, además, la película está muy bien resuelta y el amigo Lars exhibe un buen ramo de recursos expresivos.

Me quedo con dos frases de la peli:

"Nosotros los americanos os hemos bombardeado hasta haceros pedazos, y aún, vosotros, alemanes, parece que finjáis que no ha habido una guerra"
    Me ha hecho recordar mucho el libro de Sebald Sobre la historia natural de la destrucción, sobre la Alemania postbélica y su shock emocional que llevaba a la vergüenza, la autonegación y una extraña necesidad de rutina y olvido inmediato.

"Para mí, tú eres el criminal. Exactamente por querer quedarte al margen y no posicionarte"
    Vendría a justificar ese raro afán autodestructivo de Europa, metáfora que muestra muy bien la película. En tiempos difíciles, y tal como postula también la pelicula, Dios sólo castiga a aquel que no actúa por miedo a errar.

En definitiva, me ha gustado bastante la película.

• Oye Dayin, acabo de descubrir un grupo frances que se hacen llamar como tú. Y suenan bastante bien.
    www.myspace.com/dayindayout

Por cierto, perdon por el off-topic, pero no sabía donde poner esto y he buscado tu último post.

• @Suarezmanlanz:hiaypmrw:

Oye Dayin, acabo de descubrir un grupo frances que se hacen llamar como tú. Y suenan bastante bien.
    www.myspace.com/dayindayout

Por cierto, perdon por el off-topic, pero no sabía donde poner esto y he buscado tu último post.

Mmm… curioso. Voy a echarles un ojo (o una oreja) a ver qué tal. Mis prejuicios hacen que me caigan simpáticos ya de entrada

Gracias por el descubrimiento Suárez!

• Europa… la vi en el Maldà hace 4 siglos y me gustó mucho, aunque salí boquiabierta del cine. Tengo que hacerme con el DVD y volver a verla YA, que no recuerdo nada.

• Otra gran pelicula, que he vuelto a ver recientemente:

Desd luego la mejor pelicula de Mel Brooks, desde luego la mejor interpretacion de Gene Wilder y el que no se descojone con Marty Fieldman es que no tiene sentido del humor. Entrañable metafora sobre la condicion humana, con la grandeza que le confiere el blanco y negro y con momentos magistrales. Muy recomendable el DVD puesto que trae jugosas escenas eliminadas.

• Hoy he pillado este pack por 29 ebros y le tengo muchas ganas. Solo habia visto Mi tio cuando tenia 12 años y me dejo impactado. Realiza una satira sobre el mundo moderno siin apenas dialogos, y los personajes estan muy bien desarrollados. Ademas la direccion de arte es preciosa:

• @Pfister:2pj5pd9h:

Hoy he pillado este pack por 29 ebros y le tengo muchas ganas. Solo habia visto Mi tio cuando tenia 12 años y me dejo impactado. Realiza una satira sobre el mundo moderno siin apenas dialogos, y los personajes estan muy bien desarrollados. Ademas la direccion de arte es preciosa:

Lo vas a disfrutar un monton. ese mismo pack me lo dejo churro las navidades pasadas y lo pase pipa. Jacques Tati es un genio. Seguro que aparece por aqui churro para dar su opinion….

• Yo también lo tengo. De hecho, aun me faltan por ver los cortos que hay en el dvd extra. Una maravilla de pack. Las vacaciones de Monsieur Hulot es una de las mejores comedias, y una gran película además.
    Y Día de fiesta, otra gran comedia, viene en su versión en color. Hay una gran historia con el color de esta película, hace varios años vi un documental en el plus en el que salía su hija y más gente contando el proceso de recuperación de la peli, y como fueron seleccionando y poniendo el color fotograma a fotograma… una pasada.

Para los que no lo sepan, la historia resumida es que Tati la rodó en un formato muy innovador en color, con una cámara y película especial, y a la vez por si acaso la grababa con otra en el clásico blanco y negro (gracias a lo que existe la película hoy en día). El asunto es que no salió el experimento como se esperaba y no podía revelar la película en color, tuvo muchos problemas (técnicos, económicos...) y tuvo que tirar de la versión en blanco y negro que es la que se presentó y la que se vió durante décadas. Pero la película, como se puede ver en el dvd, estaba ideada con unos colores fantásticos, y gracias a un duro y cuidadoso trabajo se pudo recuperar.

Por cierto, ya se que es obvio pero deben verse en versión original. Día de fiesta, al menos, tiene uno de los peores doblajes que he oido jamás (junto a los de las pelis de Rohmer).

• Oh, qué envidia. ¿Dónde lo has pillado por 29 €? Te lo vas a pasar en grande. Yo en mi vida lo he pasado peor que con Las vacaciones: no había un músculo de mi cuerpo que no me doliera de tanto reir.

• En Fnac hay dos packs distintos: uno por 30 euros, con las 4 películas (dia de fiesta, play time, m. hulot y mi tio), y otro por 40 euros, que tiene las mismas y un dvd más con sus cortos.

Vale, me estoy haciendo un lio: ahora veo en el corte inglés el mismo pack que te he dicho que vienen solo las 4 pelis (aqui por 35 euros) pero en el comentario pone:
    @1inghsfg:

El universo Tati en DVD.
    Disfruta de los 4 principales títulos de Jacques Tati en DVD más 1 DVD con sus mejores cortos!.
    De regalo 4 postales y un libreto sobre el director Jacques Tati.

Mira, te dejo los enlaces y punto:

http://www.fnac.es/dsp/?servlet=extende ... dID=446174
    http://www.fnac.es/dsp/?servlet=extende ... dID=563959
    http://www.elcorteingles.es/cine/produc ... 5941015643

• Muchísimas gracias, pero mejor mándale los enlaces a Papá Noel, que no me ha tocado la lotería…

• @Ashes:

Muchísimas gracias, pero mejor mándale los enlaces a Papá Noel, que no me ha tocado la lotería…

De nada, Natalie. Veré si localizo al gordo ese…

• Creo que ha llegado el momento de obsequiaros con mi imagen real:

• ¿Natalie? No puedo, ¡me meo! Lo que yo diga, días antes del festival, te van a llover las propuestas de "quedada individual"…

Otra cosita... Si el gordito existe, ¿podéis decirle que no se olvide de mí? (Ná que ver con ésa horrorosa e insípida película...)

P.S.: Otro año más siendo pobres... ¡Ay! ¡Qué dolor!

Edito... ¡Ashes! Y ahora, ¡muchisísimas más! No sabes lo que acabas de hacer... ¿Todavía no te has dado cuenta que éste foro está lleno de Freakies?