Primavera Sound 2014

• Is the schedule really out at 20:45 today as it is said on the Spanish forum?? I won't be able to concentrate on the football game then…

• @branvan:3j3audd4:

so, one vip-area for the two main stages in the middle of them i guess? would still love the small vip-space at the front of the main stage …

… the VIP area will be located on the sea side inbetween the 2 main stages, you will be able to see both stages but from a distance . When you enter to the main area you will find one stage in front of you and see the 'back' of the other one, and the VIP area on your side ... last Friday, they told us that they are still not sure if they will be able to build that VIP small zone in front of the stages, they were still working on it ...

ignore this first image,
    the VIP área will be located on this side

–----------------------------------------- ^^^^ ENTRANCE ^^^^^^

... this is what they told us last Friday, but the final distribution might change.
    WARNING: This is not an in-scale map, it's just a quick paint drawing, there will be more space on the sides of the stage to get into the área

• ok, thanks for the information! hoping very much they can manage to have the small vip places in front of the stage. it made primavera sound very special / unforgettable two years ago!!

• What a timetable!! More clashes than ever! Worst are on Thursday and Friday

St. Vincent/NMH/Future Islands and Pixies/War On Drugs/Lee Ranaldo. There's a couple of tough choices.

• Thu: Real Estate - Pond - Caveman - Neutral Milk Hotel - CHVRCHES - Arcade Fire - 1/2 of Touché Amore
    Fri: Drive-by Truckers - 1/2 Loop - Speedy Ortiz - Slowdive - The War On Drugs - Deafheaven - Kvelertak - Jesu - Wolf Eyes
    Sat: Jonathan Wilson - Superchunk - Spoon - GY!BE - Cloud Nothings - Mogwai - 1/2 of Foals

The worst clash for me is Slint/Deafheaven and maybe Pixies/War on Drugs.

• Hi, newbie to the forum and this will be our first visit to primavera..
    A few questions if anyone could answer please,

We arrive on the thursday morning, are we best getting to the festival early to get our bracelets or arrive an hour or so before the music starts?

Now the timetable is out we see that a few artists we wish to see are in the 'auditori rockdelux'… Can we access this for free or do we have to pay extra to get in?

How hard is it to get a taxi at 3 or 4 in the morning back to our hotels? Or are we best walking?

Thanks, Bob

• well, tough choices all around. but that's what you get when there's lots of acts you wanna see.

thursday night ends a little underwhelming for me, would have been happier if girl band played at three in the morning.

the combination cloud nothings - ty segall - black lips - dj coco on saturday is pretty awesome, but the breaks between are a bit of a pain. especially when there are so many clashes in the early evening…

also it seems there's an extra tent for electronic music this year, that is still missing from the line-up

and here, a handy clashfinder for you:

http://clashfinder.com/s/primaverasound14/

• @bobsyerunkle:qi741ehp:

We arrive on the thursday morning, are we best getting to the festival early to get our bracelets or arrive an hour or so before the music starts?

there's always a big queue on thursday, but as far as i can tell it looks worse than it really is. but getting there early is a good idea.

@bobsyerunkle:qi741ehp:

Now the timetable is out we see that a few artists we wish to see are in the 'auditori rockdelux'… Can we access this for free or do we have to pay extra to get in?

it's part of the festival, you don't have to pay extra for it. also, i don't think that this years auditori bands are as popular as some acts that played in the past (jeff mangum, sufjan stevens…), so there should be no problem getting into the auditori.

• @bobsyerunkle:29zjlkcc:

In the past you've been able to buy tickets to make getting into the Auditori more likely for gigs expected to be really busy (2 euros or so). They don't guarantee entrance though AFAIK and so you're likely better off just getting to the Auditori early.

@bobsyerunkle:29zjlkcc:

How hard is it to get a taxi at 3 or 4 in the morning back to our hotels? Or are we best walking?

I couldn't comment on taxis personally, but on the Saturday the metro is 24 hours. There's a shuttle bus as well to Estacio del Nord or thereabouts all night in previous years. So if you're near the shuttle drop-off, then you might not need taxis at all.

• So, Sony and Heineken are together (sort of) and ATP is where the Primavera stage was last year ?
    Have I got that right ?

• @faketalesofpeniscola:2glh3k96:

So, Sony and Heineken are together (sort of) and ATP is where the Primavera stage was last year ?
    Have I got that right ?

Yes, you have

• Twilight Sad vs Slowdive ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
    not to mention NIN vs Mogwai aaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

gpt to check when and where twlight sad are playing on saturday

• @Totoro:333ih66j:

@faketalesofpeniscola:333ih66j:

So, Sony and Heineken are together (sort of) and ATP is where the Primavera stage was last year ?
    Have I got that right ?

Yes, you have

Not exactly, last year the two stages were like "twins", one besides the other. This year the stages will be one in front of the other, i think like in the Azkena Festival.

• Twilight Sad vs Slowdive ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

the same here, my worst clash. waiting for the time The Twilight Sad will play in the Parc, but don't want to miss the first concert in the Auditori…

• @branvan:s1nqkpfk:

Twilight Sad vs Slowdive ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

the same here, my worst clash. waiting for the time The Twilight Sad will play in the Parc, but don't want to miss the first concert in the Auditori…

Aye, that's a painful one. Seen Twilight Sad about 4 thousand times though… Anyway, how far are the stages from each other, in terms of walking distance?

• @ipetem:wfd7r59w:

Aye, that's a painful one. Seen Twilight Sad about 4 thousand times though… Anyway, how far are the stages from each other, in terms of walking distance?

Vice to Sony would take you 10-20 minutes. If in the same place then Vice is the furthest from the main stage area.

• Timetable for the park-concerts:
    http://www.primaverasound.es/programacion

(The Twilight Sad will play Saturday at 4pm.)

• @primaprima:135g7yvj:

Timetable for the park-concerts:
    http://www.primaverasound.es/programacion

(The Twilight Sad will play Saturday at 4pm.)

And darkside on Wednesday after the festival
    I know I've should have stayed longer in Barcelona snif snif

• Darkside on Wednesday will be in Madrid.

• that makes more sense, didn't saw the venue was in madrid