Tips and tricks

• if you ask for sexy beer everyone will understand you. anyway, check out this video to know the correct pronunciation.

• @merago:479qxdtt:

Quickie on the language, I thought I was doing well by trying to pick up a few Spanish words and phrases prior to going over, then discovered last night that it seems the pronunciation varies greatly depending on where you are in Spain. Is this correct, and, if so, how should I be pronouncing cerveza (hey, let's get the priorities straight) correctly in Barcelona?

You have to take into account that at the festival site most of the waiters and waitress are from Portugal, so you must try to learn how to pronounce "cerveja" as well

• yep, that is a valid point. here you have another video for the portuguese pronunciation.

• @merago:24k3z6go:

Quickie on the language, I thought I was doing well by trying to pick up a few Spanish words and phrases prior to going over, then discovered last night that it seems the pronunciation varies greatly depending on where you are in Spain. Is this correct, and, if so, how should I be pronouncing cerveza (hey, let's get the priorities straight) correctly in Barcelona?

Careful there. Some locals will be less than impressed if you say Barcelona is in Spain. It's in Catalunya (Catalonia) and the local language is Catalan, which is surprising different from Castillian Spanish.

Having said that, any bartender who can't understand '2 beers and a gin & tonic' in 57 languages is in serious trouble.

• shit, unfortunately there's no video for the catalan pronunciation… try the listen button in google translator instead, although it's not that accurate. but if i have to tell the truth, i think i have never asked a beer in catalan in my 30 years living there.

• Cheers for the input folks! Not long now…

• @merago:3ql08z70:

Are we allowed to bring a bag/rucksack in to the festival (with no booze in it, naturally)? It's for carrying in food, raincoats and the like. The FAQ doesn't state.

Welcome to Primavera!

I'd be more worried about carrying sunscreen and a hat than a raincoat (Barcelona is not a place of rainy/soaking wet festivals like all others one might go to…), but let's not attract bad weather!

• are there beaches in barcelona that are less crowded, touristic and full of people loudly selling alcohol every 10 seconds?
    last year we have been to barceloneta and it was awful.

• @weekendwarrior:1daa4vsh:

are there beaches in barcelona that are less crowded, touristic and full of people loudly selling alcohol every 10 seconds?
    last year we have been to barceloneta and it was awful.

I'm no expert in beaches (I burn…! haha) so hopefully someone else answers this.

I just know whenever I've gone to the beach in Barcelona Barceloneta was the most crowded as you say, the closest you get to the Fòrum area was the least crowded (but obviously with the festival going on, that's not going to happen I guess!). I think Sant Sebastià (next to Barceloneta but opposite direction) is more quiet, at least it's how I remember it everytime I've been there. Usually people take the train and go to a beach somewhere close to Barcelona...

• If you want to avoid queueing, is there any other way to exchange your ticket to a wristband than the festival site on Thursday 29th? Is there some spot in the city or something? There must be huge lines on Parc del Forum on the first day.

How does the Hidden stage thing work? Do you have to get some ticket to enter and where do you get it? What is the capacity of this stage?

There has been many people who request War On Drugs on Ray-Ban stage instead of cancelled Julie Ruin. Is there any actual possibilities for that to happen?

thanks for the answers!

• @SSG:1k5qnhcm:

http://www.primaverasound.com/noticiaSingle?origen=ps&id=1274

Thanks, there was no info on points of wristband exchange. Where and when does it happen (excluding the actual festival area).

Any idea of the capacity of the Hidden Stage? Is it impossible to get tickets for Buzzcocks for example?

• The organizers said that the wristband exchange this year will only take place in Parc Del Fòrum, starting on monday the 26th.

• @SSG:38rty55k:

The organizers said that the wristband exchange this year will only take place in Parc Del Fòrum, starting on monday the 26th.

OK, guess I'll have to stuff my picnic basket well and prepare to queue on Thursday then.

• We always pick our wristbands up on the Thursday. We tend to get there around or not long after the gates have opened and have never had to queue at all over the last 5 years. Nice to get in early and enjoy a couple of beers in the sunshine whilst it's still relatively quiet. I think it only starts getting busy at the wristband collection point a bit later on so if you can get there early it's well worth it.

• @theoldman:124wqlcs:

We always pick our wristbands up on the Thursday. We tend to get there around or not long after the gates have opened and have never had to queue at all over the last 5 years. Nice to get in early and enjoy a couple of beers in the sunshine whilst it's still relatively quiet. I think it only starts getting busy at the wristband collection point a bit later on so if you can get there early it's well worth it.

Nice. I've usually picked up my wristband earlier on the week from the pre-festival concerts. Time I've gotten to Parc Del Forum on Thursdays (about 5 o'clock) it has already been packed and queues massive.

I'd probably be better of to take your advice and arrive early and then have a couple of beers. It doesn't sound so bad. It sounds quite nice actually.

• @SSG:1jhf3med:

The organizers said that the wristband exchange this year will only take place in Parc Del Fòrum, starting on monday the 26th.

Any idea what time the wristband collection point opens on Monday? I'm arriving pretty early, so I might head there first as I can't check in at my hotel till mid-afternoon.

• @SSG:1nl2xc84:

http://www.primaverasound.es/intercambioDeEntradas?lang=en

Thanks! Shame it's not open till 4 on Monday…oh well, have to sit in a bar somewhere till I can check in.

• Me and my friends got into discussion about tipping in restaurants, taxis etc. in Spain/Barcelona.

Could some spanish citizen answer what is the preferable amount of tip or is there any need at all to give tip to a waiter or a taxi driver? Is there any local variation for example between Catalonia and other regions of Spain? Million thanks for answers!!