Tips and tricks

• Hi folks. First time at Primavera Sound this year and wondered if anyone had any tips/things to look out for/things to avoid, particularly for the English speakers among us?

• Hi folks. First time at Primavera Sound this year and wondered if anyone had any tips/things to look out for/things to avoid, particularly for the English speakers among us?

• Plan your itinerary when timetables are out. Tight but not too much, leave some time for random bands. Get to the big stages well in advance if you want a good spot, grab your beer before, loof for the duffmans.
    • Know the place, which is big, when planning. Avoid long walks when possible. https://www.google.es/maps/ms?msid=2153 ... 974a&msa=0
    • Remember the good old SMS? It'll be your friend with your friends.
    • Your best gigs will be those you didn't expect.
    • Rest, drink water and avoid too much sun. (obvious but necessary)
    • Go to the auditorium, best way to start the day.
    • Don't buy (hard)drugs inside the premises. Mostly a waste of money and a source of upset.
    • One hour less today is two hours more tomorrow.
    • Watch out with heavy drinks: here, they are heavy.
    • People are very friendly. Talk, mingle, enjoy, flirt. Respect others when attending a gig.
    • Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Sunday side-gigs (Apolo and other inside venues) tend to be crowded, arrive well in advance if you really want to get in.
    • Pickpocketing is an art in this city. Not inside the Forum, but be very careful when going back to your place. You'll be like a little fawn in the savanna. Don't be afraid of assaults or robbery, it's not common. But be careful, don't fall asleep in the middle of nowhere.
    • Those nice black girls at the Ramblas are not the droids you are looking for.

• Thanks for the reply - very useful. I've been to Barcelona itself a few times before, so I know my way around the town itself, but never been to PS. Really looking forward to it.
    When do the stage setlist times get released usually?

• @merago:130xzo6t:

When do the stage setlist times get released usually?

late april/early may

• Hadn't read that properly.

• Hi,
    This is my first primavera also and i'm really looking forward to being back at Barcelona.

Are there also side events in the city/ at the beach like during sonar?
    (at sonar the side events are sometimes better then the festival itself)

Greetz from Belgium

• @Kristof:2xcptpgm:

Hi,
    This is my first primavera also and i'm really looking forward to being back at Barcelona.

Are there also side events in the city/ at the beach like during sonar?
    (at sonar the side events are sometimes better then the festival itself)

Greetz from Belgium

Luckily, there is no events at the beach.

Check

and

No timetables yet

• where are these shows held? might go see twilight sad there since they clash with slowdive

• @jeanz:2cx0odx2:

where are these shows held? might go see twilight sad there since they clash with slowdive

http://www.primaverasound.es/primaveraCiutatParc?lang=en

• Great thanks!

• I'm getting very excited about Primavera! I'm traveling from the US and it will be first time in Barcelona. I have a few questions after browsing the official and the forum:

• Where do you exchange tickets for wristbands? I'm getting in on Tuesday before the festival so I would like to get the wristbands early to skip the line. Is this announced soon?

-Do I need to show ID when getting wristbands? Would a US state drivers license be OK?

-Will there be an app released?

-Do I need to show ID to drink at the festival and out at bars/clubs? Do I NEED to bring a passport? I would rather not bring it with me everywhere and lose it.

• @ewunder:33pibkmm:

• Where do you exchange tickets for wristbands? I'm getting in on Tuesday before the festival so I would like to get the wristbands early to skip the line. Is this announced soon? This information is not released yet but You will be able to get the wristband at parc del forum from Sunday

-Do I need to show ID when getting wristbands? Would a US state drivers license be OK? I not sure about this point. I think that you will need your passport.

-Will there be an app released? Yes

-Do I need to show ID to drink at the festival and out at bars/clubs? Definitively not.

Do I NEED to bring a passport? I would rather not bring it with me everywhere and lose it . not necessary at all

Enjoy

• Are we allowed to bring a bag/rucksack in to the festival (with no booze in it, naturally)? It's for carrying in food, raincoats and the like. The FAQ doesn't state.

• administrators

@merago:130wkxe2:

Are we allowed to bring a bag/rucksack in to the festival (with no booze in it, naturally)? It's for carrying in food, raincoats and the like. The FAQ doesn't state.

yes, of course you are allowed

• I have been to Primavera before but not recent 2 years. How do the bars in the festival area work this time?
    Do I need a Primavera Card (I still have one from 2011 ) to buy beer or will I need just cash? Or is there maybe these beer tickets in use like earlier years?

I didn't find any info about bracelet exchange. It's probably located in festival area but at what time does it open on thursday?

Thanks for the answers.

• administrators

@Saukkis:35ilb7cx:

I have been to Primavera before but not recent 2 years. How do the bars in the festival area work this time?
    Do I need a Primavera Card (I still have one from 2011 ) to buy beer or will I need just cash? Or is there maybe these beer tickets in use like earlier years?

I didn't find any info about bracelet exchange. It's probably located in festival area but at what time does it open on thursday?

Thanks for the answers.

you don´t need anything, just cash

• @djcoco:16fy7c7k:

@Saukkis:16fy7c7k:

I have been to Primavera before but not recent 2 years. How do the bars in the festival area work this time?

Thanks for the answers.

you don´t need anything, just cash

Many thanks Coco!

• @ewunder:84dzpvpx:

I'm getting very excited about Primavera! I'm traveling from the US and it will be first time in Barcelona. I have a few questions after browsing the official and the forum:

• Where do you exchange tickets for wristbands? I'm getting in on Tuesday before the festival so I would like to get the wristbands early to skip the line. Is this announced soon?

-Do I need to show ID when getting wristbands? Would a US state drivers license be OK?

-Will there be an app released?

-Do I need to show ID to drink at the festival and out at bars/clubs? Do I NEED to bring a passport? I would rather not bring it with me everywhere and lose it.

Previously, there's been a wristband exchange in the centre of Barcelona for a couple of days before the festival starts. They'll announce where it is on the website any day now, I expect. As far as I can recall, the exchanges on site don't take that long anyway.

I don't think you've had to show ID before. Technically you need to have ID with you at all times in Spain though. I'd recommend having a few photocopies of your passport about your person, just in case.

Yep, there's an app, it's free and there's details on the News page of the website.

As for booze…the laws are more liberal in Europe than the US. You should be ok without ID - assuming you're over 18 and look it. Alternatively, find a nice person to go to the bar for you.

• Quickie on the language, I thought I was doing well by trying to pick up a few Spanish words and phrases prior to going over, then discovered last night that it seems the pronunciation varies greatly depending on where you are in Spain. Is this correct, and, if so, how should I be pronouncing cerveza (hey, let's get the priorities straight) correctly in Barcelona?