Metafísica I (Soul, Funk, Afrobeat, etc.)

• Eh! Mañana Imperial Tiger Orchestra en Marula

Horario:
    Apertura de puertas: 20:30 H.
    Concierto: 21:00 H.

Llega a Barcelona el secreto mejor guardado de Suíza.
    Los orígenes de la Imperial Tiger Orchestra, la banda más groove de la época dorada de la música etíope, se remontan a 2007 cuando Raphaël Anker, trompetista de Ginebra, decide reunir a un puñado de músicos con la intención de hacer un concierto tributo a la época de oro de la música etíope, la música de Tlahoun Gessesse, Getatchew Mekurya, Mulatu Astatke, Mahmoud Ahmed y otros artistas. La experiencia es tan buena que el proyecto se convierte en banda.

Con miembros procedentes de diversos proyectos (free jazz, experimental, música contemporánea, strange pop, bizarre rock) la Orchestra se estrena con un EP.
    En esta ocasión la Orchestra nos presenta su Lp debut: Mercato, una cautivadora reinterpretación de la música etíope mezclada con elementos propios de la electrónica surgida en los 80 y filtrada por las eclécticas influencias de la banda.
    Instrumentos como el Kebero (el instrumento de percusión más representativo del país), el Dholak indio, el tradicional Phin tailandés o el Krar (la lira etíope) son combinados con hipnóticos breaks de batería que dan como resultado una sorprendente mezcla retrofuturista, muy cercanos aunque diferentes de los temas que originalmente inspiraron a la banda.

Ya sea homenajeando al fenomenal Mahmoud Ahmed en Lale-Lale, reinterpretando el clásico “Shinet” o llevando a “Zoma” de Martha Ashagani a otro nivel, la Imperial Tiger Orchestra siempre lo hace bajo su propia óptica y al mismo tiempo respetando las raíces. Canciones populares se convierten así en instrumentales cargados de personalidad propia. Ritmos contundentes y loops hipnóticos, tempos pausados y epifanías trepidantes.

• Y hoy y mañana, si a alguien le apetece un atracón del mejor soul, Movin'on Weekender en el Jazzroom.

Description

MOVIN' ON BCN WEEKEND: 2-3 of DECEMBER

Pure Soul Music Barcelona

(Next date: 4th of February)

At JAZZ ROOM Calle Vallmajor nº 33 – Plaza d'Adrià (Barcelona)
    FFCC: Muntaner
    23:30 h – 05:00 h
    Admission: 10 euros (including drink)

Email us at : black_whip@hotmail.com

FACEBOOK: http://www.facebook.com/movinon

DJ's

• SOUL SAM (UK)

• BUTCH (UK)

• LARS BULNHEIM (Germany)

• STEVE GUARNORI (UK)

• MALAYKA ERPEN (Switzerland - UK)

• MOVIN’ ON DJ’S (BCN)
    • MEETING AT DISCOS JUANDÓ (C/Giralt el Pellisser, 2B - La Ribera, BCN) for some cava & vermouth, from 12:00 on Saturday morning

• SATURDAY SOUL SESSIONS DJ's:

SATURDAY SOUL SESSION @ MINUSA (C/Valencia, 166 )- SATURDAY 2nd from 17:30 to 20:30

• ADY LUPTON (UK)
    • IU ADELL (BCN)
    • DAVID DE SANTIAGO (Madrid)
    • LUISMA (Oviedo)
    • JUANVI (Valencia)
    • JOSEP A (Valencia)
    • MARDI (Valencia)

DJ’s:

SOUL SAM (UK):

Martin Barnfather, better known as Soul Sam, is living history of the rare soul scene. Having reached the honorable age of seventy this year, he’s seen this scene evolve almost since day one, being also an influential source of opinion and evolution of the soul scene since the 70’s due to his articles in magazines such as Blues & Soul. But, most importantly, he’s been a revered Dj for more than forty years, having discovered an enormous quantity of records and being one of the most influential forces behind the acceptance of modern soul among northern soul fans.
    This man is a LEGEND, and we’re so, so happy to bring him for the first time to Barcelona!

TOP 10

Robert Tanner- Sweet memories
    4 Dynamics- Things that a lady ain’t supposed to do
    Ward Burton – Sweet Temptation
    Margaret Little – Love finds a way
    Fluorescent Smogg- All my life
    Lil Major Williams- Girl don’t leave me
    Doc Peabody- Here without you
    Roy Roberts- So much in love
    Chuck Holiday- Just can’t trust nobody
    Mr Soul- What happened to yesterday

BUTCH (UK):

The BEST and most consistent rare soul DJ in the last twenty years, nuff said! Here are some of his spins in the last years:

TOP 10

voice masters band-track
    benny harper-my prayer
    willie dee-looks like rain
    salt & pepper-a man of my word
    hopkins brothers-shake cheri
    florence trapp-love came into my life
    total warmth-im in love with you baby
    ice-reality
    Larry hobson-say whats on your mind
    Sag war fare-dont be so jive

LARS BULNHEIM (UK)

I started collecting Soul 45s in the mid 80’s, it was a struggle finding them back then, buying from UK lists was expensive and german record shops had nothing available. A good friend and me decided to do some record buying trips to the states in the 90’s and dig thru the shelves, where the music we love was created. Ebay and the price guides stopped me from going statesside and as the collection growed, we started our own club here in Hamburg. The “Shelter Club” ran for 5 years and was succesful from start to finish. We started out as a Northern Soul do and as my taste fort the music changed from strictly Northern to more 70’s and modern sounds, I decided to call it a day as the Hamburg punters didn’t appreciated anything recorded after 1969 (This has gladly changed over the years). Now I’m a regular on most of the big weekenders in Germany, „The Soul Shakers Weekender“ in Bamberg, The Aachen Soulweekender and the „Hamburg Weekender“. I do DJ occasionally outside germany, I was a guest DJ in Rimini, in Malmoe, in Rhyl, Nantwich (Dab Of Soul), Birmingham and it’s my third time in Barcelona at the fabulous Movin’ on club.

TOP 10

20 CONNECTION: Dreamin’ * THRILLER
    ROBERT MONTGOMERY: I Need You Girl * CRESCENT
    APPLE & THE THREE ORANGES: Love Brings Out The Best Of You * SAGITTARIUS
    ANUBIS: Ecology * SALT CITY
    SKY’S THE LIMIT: Don’t Be Afraid * J.M.J.
    MR. WIGG & CO: You’ve Got A Lot Of Living * WIGLET
    FORMULA I: Walking With My Eyes Closed * DU-VERN
    KARVIN JOHNSON: If You Let Me * MARSHALL
    BROTHER LOVE: Precious Dove * BROTHER LOVE PRODUCTION
    WAYMOND HALL: What Will Tomorrow Bring * JAMAL

STEVE GUARNORI (UK)

Steve Guarniori is quite well known among Spanish soulies due to his spots at Asturias S.O.U.L weekenders along with the mythical Soul Sam. Proud owner of one of the most extensive (and best) soul collections in Great Britain, he’s one of the usual suspects in the DJ line ups of the top soul weekenders in UK. Steve will offer us some genuine across the board sets, covering all the styles of our beloved soul music (funky soul, modern, crossover, northern…). Some of his last years’ spins:

TOP 10

Hard Drivers “Since I was a little girl”
    Guitar Ray “I wouldn’t change a thing”
    Veda “How long this going to be?”
    Doc Peabody “Here without you”
    Roll of the Dice “Will you be my lady”
    Willie Feaster & The Concrete Wall “Voices”
    Herman Hitson “Ain’t no other way”
    Billy Byrd “Lost in a crowd”
    Scott 3 “Running wild”
    Bojack Thomas “Here me now baby”

MALAYKA ERPEN (UK)

Malayka started to promote her first venue in the 90’s in Bamberg, called “Sweetest songs in town” and “Sunday Soul”. A few years later she founded together with Martin Walgenbach the SoulShakers rare soul club, which was held regulary at the “legendary” Kleber 14 and afterwards at the Morph Club in Bamberg. Beside of this regular club she also promotes the SoulShakers Bamberg Weekender. Malayka, now located inthe UK, is djing at a variety of international soul clubs / events. Her heart beats mainly for 7ties, 8ties - Gospel, Soul, Funk & Boogie.

TOP 10

The Versatones- With a broken heart
    Jelly- Everybody needs lovin’ now’s the time
    David’s People- Got to get my broom out
    Three Prophets- I think I really love you
    Charlie Hodges- The day he made you
    Quantrells- Show me the game of love
    Brand New- Thousand years
    Douglas & Lonero- Don’t let yourself get carried..
    Wally Coco- Message to society
    Rhonda Melton- You finally decided

• RESIDENT DJs: Eduardo Domingo & Cristina Alonso

• Factory Dance - Factory Records 12” Mixes & Rarities 1980 - 1987

Strut present an essential new retrospective of Factory Records, the seminal Manchester club-turned-record label set up by Tony Wilson and Alan Erasmus.

Compiled by Bill Brewster of djhistory.com, the album places the spotlight on some of the label’s early dancefloor-based work across key 12” mixes and rarities, from the unmistakeable productions of Martin Hannett to more unheralded backroom work by New Order’s Bernard Sumner and A Certain Ratio drummer Donald Johnson, under their BeMusic and DoJo monikers.

The album traces early experiments from Blurt’s avant garde mutant funk to the fertile post-Joy Division period as the label’s unique, coruscating post-punk sound took shape through seminal bands like A Certain Ratio and Section 25. The album also expressly documents Factory’s strong links and cross-pollination with New York’s 1980s club culture, as New Order joined forces with producer Arthur Baker, fresh from his pioneering electro work with Afrika Bambaataa, and acts like Quando Quango and Sweet Sensation’s Marcel King enlisted NY remixer Mark Kamins for tough-edged club treatments. Factory bands including Quando Quango would also play live at some of the city’s seminal nightspots, including the Paradise Garage.

The compilation also touches on some of the wider directions explored by Factory during its early years – Durutti Column’s melancholic beauty, the latin jazz and jazz funk of Swamp Children, Kalima and Tony Henry’s 52nd Street and a track from the label’s only reggae single, the Dennis Bovell-produced ‘See Them A’Come’ by X-O-Dus. This is the music that would provide the blueprint for the Manchester scene of the late ‘80s and Factory’s heady later years – the Happy Mondays, James, Northside and the rest.

FAC. DANCE is compiled and annotated by Bill Brewster of djhistory.com and features rare artist photos alongside original label artwork by Peter Saville. The album is produced in association with James Nice at LTM Records

http://www.mediafire.com/?ys8xo5bw258l51d

• La lista de Amoeba dedicada a las músicas del mundo (parte 1)

http://www.amoeba.com/blog/2011/12/los- ... art-1.html

• es que Bombino es un grande, ostia
    otro muy recomendable de esa lista (además de "clásicos" como Tinariwen o Omar Souleyman) es el disco de Ballake Sissoko & Vicent Segal

• @untitled:2gvmdw93:

Strut present an essential new retrospective of Factory Records, the seminal Manchester club-turned-record label set up by Tony Wilson and Alan Erasmus.

No sé muy bien si esta recopilación está en su sitio (sinceramente, no veo metafísica por ningún lado, por lo menos de manera explícita), pero es bastante cañón para mi gusto, sobre todo los primeros temas.

• Tienes mucha razón, el único motivo por el que lo puse aqui fue por el sello (STRUT), pero quizá debería haberla puesto directamente en filtraciones 2011. Venga voy a dejarla por filtraciones también.

A mi también me está gustando bastante por el momento.

• Mi impulso consumistonavideño ha quedado satisfecho con este disco.

Mellow soul for your listening pleasure. El primer y el último tema estarían en mi lista de cosas grandes de este mundo.

The lost generation - Young, tough and terrible (1972)

https://rs714dt.rapidshare.com/#!download|714l3|209878178|The_Lost_Generation_-_Young__Tough_And_Terrible.zip|61377|R~FD8F700F0F38E744AA426134FE6D70B8|0|0

• @Mayfield:1904xkdq:

Mi impulso consumistonavideño ha quedado satisfecho con este disco.

Mellow soul for your listening pleasure. El primer y el último tema estarían en mi lista de cosas grandes de este mundo.

The lost generation - Young, tough and terrible (1972)

https://rs714dt.rapidshare.com/#!download|714l3|209878178|The_Lost_Generation_-_Young__Tough_And_Terrible.zip|61377|R~FD8F700F0F38E744AA426134FE6D70B8|0|0

Si mayfield me dice ven, lo dejo todo. Bajando a la de ya.

• algun experto en musica africana que me diga de quien es este corte:

http://roskilde-festival.dk/uk/the-sound-of-roskilde

Gracias por anticipado.

• Yo pondría las dos manos que son Tinariwen. En su último disco participan Nels Cline con Kyp Malone y Tunde Adebimpe de TV On The Radio, que han tocado en el rosquillas en el 2011 si no voy equivocado.

Si te toca…¿que me das, barbacas?

• Lo de tinariwen es una buena pista, pero creo que las otras dos preguntas van mas por dirty dozen brass band….que colaboraron en el cuarto disco de modest mouse.

Es un pase vip para dos personas con viaje incluido al festival. Si quieres te llevo

Muchas gracias!!!

• La canción que suena es Tinariwen, fijo fijo fijo.

Los africanos tocaron en ese festival en el 2005. La tercera pregunta ya no tengo idea. Lo que sé es que en la sección de vientos de T.V. On The Radio esta Martin Perna de Antibalas, que también han tocado en Roskilde, pero en un año que no concuerda con las alternativas que dan.

Por supuesto que me llevas, ya te digo. No te jode.

• Es tinariwen, han tocado 3 veces allí.

Llevo 64 de 68 aciertos. Cuando acabe el mes dan los ganadores, aunque dicen que con 1 acierto puedes ganar igual que con todos….

Ya te contare. Eso si, no dicen nada de alojamiento, o sea que te tocaría camping

• ¿Y haremos guarrerias en el suelo y cantaremos canciones vikingas?

Que planazo.

• Acertadas las 3 respuestas. Ya estoy en el top 50. Ya te iré informando

• A darle la vara al De Boer con clase y buen gusto.

III Soul & Funk Night

VIII Sant Antoni Reggae Splash

Viernes 13 de enero: III Soul & Funk Night

La Festa Major del Barri de Sant Antoni recupera la Soul & Funk Night, una noche dedicada a la música negra y a los ritmos afroamericanos. Participarán Tommy Hunt (ex cantante de The Flamingos y toda una institución dentro de la música soul y doo-wop estadounidense) y la banda catalana The Black Beltones. Será en la carpa ubicada en la Avinguda Mistral de Barcelona de 21:30 a 01:30. El precio del concierto será de sólo 5 euros con consumición.

Sábado 14 de enero: VIII Sant Antoni Reggae Splash

Vuelve una nueva edición del Sant Antoni Reggae Splash, un veterano festival de música jamaicana que este año contará con las actuaciones de Dr Ring Ding (Alemania), Mandinka Warrior (UK), Little Pepe (Málaga), Shabu (Málaga), Sr Wilson (Barcelona), Aniki (Barcelona) y Honey (Suecia), todos ellos acompañados por la banda catalana Freedom Street Band. Abrirá la noche el colectivo Sound Anthony Family. Será en la carpa ubicada en la Avinguda Mistral de Barcelona a partir de las 21:30 y tendrá un precio de entrada de sólo 9€.

• V.A. - DYNAMIC GROOVES

01 - SOUL PARTY pt 1 - BLLY CLARK & THE MASKMAN
    02 - FUNKY BELL Y - WARREN LEE
    03 - IT'S MY THING - BETTY MOORER
    04 - CHITLIN' STRUT - THE BACKYARD HEAVIS
    05 - FUNKY FOOTBALL - JERRY O
    06 - SOUL SMOKIN' pt 1 - LITTLE GRADY LEWIS & THE SOUL SMOKERS
    07 - MACHINE SHOP pt 2 - UNTOUCHABLE MACHINE SHOP
    08 - AIN'T THAT PECULIAR - GEORGE TINDLEY
    09 - I KNOW YOU DON'T WANT ME - THE ENDEAVORS
    10 - SPEED UP - BETTY MOORER
    11 - (1-2-3-4-5-6-7) COUNT THE DAYS - INEZ AND CHARLIE FOXX